Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Researching what kind of tool box I want to get. In my current truck I have a regular over-the-rail box, but since the Dmax will be a short bed I don't think that type of box would look as good. I would like to find out what people recommend for boxes that don't stick up over the height of the bed, and if anybody has pictures. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Rawson Koening from the great STATE OF TEXAS is by far the Cadillac of tool boxes, I know I own one.

Dealer only, they cost $$$$$$$$$$, but well worth it

T
NY

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Payload is the top-of-the-line by Delta, I think. I have one, beat the tar out of it for 2.5 years, and it still looks great. I was contemplating a fifth wheel box, but having a short box, that would negate the ability to haul plywood, drywall, etc. Fortunately I have other trucks, but for some, that is not an option. Just a thought.

Ty

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
slidesysems.com really cool setup just dont overload it. i have one on my dooley. at 600# it was working great at 1400# it kind bends things.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I vote for the Slidesystem (http://www.slidesystems.com) as well. We just started carrying them and I'm going to be putting on my HD.

Very nice and they can lock in three different positions along the bed. They're also UPS-able. Most of the others have to go freight.Edited by: Pendlum

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I like my Seal-Tite waterproof chest by Deflecta-Shield.. great construction..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts