Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member. First off I'm a GM flag waver and crazy about Corvette's, so you know I had to have a GMC Truck! I've gone over allot of good info and advice posted on this forum and thanks. After digging through posts I decided to buy a rust free non-computer controlled 6.5L GMC on EBay and have some fun. Here’s my starting point.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4612457935&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Working with my buddy Marty @ WWW.IRCFabrication.com and with the help of you folks here goes…

The plan.

Stage 1
Evaluate the truck and see what it needs.
Chassis Dyno the truck "baseline"

Install Gauges and Exhaust.
Build and install an intake mounted air to water IC with a front mounted IC radiator.
Back to the Dyno.

Paint, detail and wheels for my wife…

Stage 2
Find a good core engine and build a strong 18:1 bottom end.
Port heads, intake and exhaust manifolds.
Make cooling mods and again Dyno.
Throw out the stock turbo and install a T3/T4 TO4E hybrid and Precision Waste Gate.
Tweek the IP to the new boost levels on the Dyno.

If anyone has any parts laying around let me know.
Can’t wait to get started…

Frank

·
Registered
247 Posts
I LIKE it! looks like it may have been painted for you already. Overall looks clean, but what is up with left front wheel, is it just missing the hub cap?

If it was cared for your plans look good but you may be able to extend the engine life before you REALLY shell out the bucks for a low-compression rebuild. Welcome to the world of prolific GM 6.5's !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's Bob, but -:tthe paint looks like the guy painted it with a spray can. The over spray looks beter than the finished job... I plan on painting the truck electric blue with silver on the bottom to match the interior. Red!, what was the guy thinking? Add some nice aluminum rims and rubber :cool:

Yea it's missing the cap on the wheel, a tailgate, spare tire...

Frank

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like a good buy... enjoy!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
ok price, butt lose the roof rack. looks sissy and it'll get in the way of the camper you are going to put on it. don't go 5th wheel as it'll screw room for the boat trailer. welcome to the club. Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts