Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced #1 #3 #5 #7 injectors in my truck.injectors were stuck open. when i pulled and inspected, the injectors had massive amounts of rust in the intake ports. this cannot be normal. i know this is why they failed. has anyone else noticed this. also i noticed the rocker tips showed signs of heat near the tips (metal discoloration) blue black. i did not pull the rockers out i believe they are still good but has anyone else noticed this. my truck has 163,000 ml. still running strong.-:t

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not positive on this, but if all the rocker arms look the same, I would say they are induction hardened on the ends. That will produce a blueish color in the metal. Have seen this before on crankshafts as well. As far as your rust problem, I would suspect water contamination. I'd guess the truck doesn't sit around, since it has 163,000...do you use any type of fuel additive?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I also noticed some rust or other junk on the intake of my injectors when I pulled the valve cover to repair an oil leak. I just assumed that a fuel filter had failed for the previous owner, and cleaned as much junk out as I could.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts