Diesel Place banner

8141 - 8160 of 8175 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,141
Today’s Prayer
May 21, 2020

Good morning dear Father! Good morning! In Jesus’ name I pray and I praise You for all You’ve done. Lord, I praise You for Your longsuffering! And, dear God! How I see Your longsuffering! Just as You see my heart cry because You are good! Father, as this day begins, I pray that I will be still, and bask in Your goodness.

Lord, I know, just as You were with David in the wilderness, You are also with me every moment of every day. As I pray, I worship You. As David wrote, he worshiped You.

“Oh God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.”

“My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.” (Psalm 63:1-8) In the shadow of Your wings I rejoice! For my soul follows close behind You!

Father, Your loving kindness is better than life! Your blessings are beyond measure! Lord, thank You for being my rock and my salvation. Paul wrote there is no other foundation for anyone to build on! “According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 3:10-11)

Friends, hear these words of my Lord Jesus! “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.” (Matthew 7:24-25)

Would a builder choose a rock or sinking sand to lay his foundation? Which foundation should we choose? Who will choose to obey Jesus’ words, words that give life?

“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” (Matthew 7:26-27) Father, we know! We know without Christ, the fall will be great!

Therefore, I pray for the world to know and believe that Jesus Christ is the Master builder! Upon Him I trust and give my life. I pray for others who do not know Him. I pray Your Holy Spirit would draw them to You. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,144
Today’s Prayer
May 22, 2020

Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name I pray and ask You to help me understand. I pray wisdom will replace confusion. Lord, this morning I pray, help me to understand Your influence on these words, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

You, the God of Abraham are our Creator! You are sovereign over all nations! Lord, did You inspire our founding fathers and those who wrote the Declaration of Independence? Yes, Lord, I do believe You inspired these men. Did Your Holy Spirit guide these men as they declared our independence from England? I think You did.

After two plus centuries of blessed freedom in our nation, I find it difficult to understand why so many ignore Your Word. And if those in power ignore Scripture, why are we surprised that they would also ignore our Constitution? What is our reasonable service?

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:1-2) The perfect will of God! Have we forgotten what that is? Dear God, please help us!

Daniel said, “I was watching in the night visions, and behold, One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed.” (Daniel 7:13-14) Hallelujah! All peoples and all nations will serve You! You will come again on the clouds!

Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:9-11)

Lord, I know You will come again. I know You will rule on this earth for a thousand years. I know Your kingdom will stand forever. Daniel knew! “And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.” (Daniel 2:44) Blessed be the name of the Son of God! His name is Jesus Christ! Father, I pray we would fall to our knees to worship You, love You, and praise You! In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,148
Today’s Prayer
May 23, 2020

Good morning my heavenly Father! In Jesus’ name I pray, for His Word still stands! Hallelujah! His Word will stand forever! Lord, because it was inspired by You, we know it is inerrant and infallible. From the subtext to the context, it is a book that has been translated into all languages. It is a book for every race of every nation. It is a book that has been studied more than any other, but also misused more than any other.

Lord, it’s been incorrectly stated, by people who have been deceived, that the Bible is outdated and that it no longer applies to our lives today. Some have even said the Bible is a book of fables! Nothing could be further from the truth! Scripture is by the power of God! Father, how could it last for thousands of years if not by Your power?

And since Scripture has lasted this long, You, dear Lord, must have a reason. Scripture contains the greatest love story of all ages! Do we understand how great is Your love? In Scripture, we learn about ourselves, about each other, and about You. Father, I pray my obedience to Your Word will show You how much I love You. I pray that my knowledge of You will grow that I may serve You and others more effectively.

Peter wrote, “Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (2 Peter 1:2-4)

The entire context of Scripture has to be taken in whole, and no man may add to it or take away from it. But how can it be applied in our lives today without prayer? The truth of Jesus Christ is manifest when we realize that He died for our sins and we receive Him into our hearts. It is only by His blood that we are saved! Fable or truth? What a ridiculous question! Only a fool would say the Bible is a book of fables!

“For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’ And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.” (2 Peter 1:16-18)

Hallelujah! Father, even today, we can hear Your voice when we read the Bible! Lord, I pray we would listen! I pray we would obey what we hear! And I pray a clearer understanding would be the result of Your divine power “for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.” (2 Peter 1:22) Thank You, Father, for Your Word that will never pass away. In Jesus’ precious name and for His glory, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,152
Today’s Prayer
May 24, 2020

Good morning my dear Lord! You’ve blessed me with a new day! I will rejoice and be glad in it. Yes! Your goodness abounds with blessings for this day is a day of worship! Today! Sunday! Every day! Father, You are the reason I live! I will always shout praise to my great God and King! I will always preach Jesus! Be glorified, dear Lord!

“Hear my prayer, O Lord, give ear to my supplications! In Your faithfulness answer me, and in Your righteousness. Do not enter into judgment with Your servant, for in Your sight no one living is righteous.” (Psalm 143:1-2) No one living is righteous! No one!

Lord, we know Solomon was the wisest of all the kings of Israel, for You blessed him with wisdom. Solomon understood that no one living is righteous. Solomon said, “For there is not a just man on earth who does good and does not sin.” (Ecclesiastes 7:20) Father, even today, all the wisdom we need can still be found in Scripture!

Father, I confess there are times that I pray without obedience to Your Word. I know better! For disobedience kills the power of prayer; and prayer cannot be a substitute for obedience. Please forgive me, dear God! Obedience is always necessary if I expect my prayers to be answered. Obedience increases my closeness to You.

I also know that faith is necessary to please You. “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6) Obedience, faith, and works. We are saved by grace, but if we are truly saved, shouldn’t our works show it?

James asked, “What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,' but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” (James 2:14-17)

James also said, “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.” (James 1:22-25)

Father, I pray! Increase my faith and help me to do more, and not be just a hearer of Your Word. I want my thoughts and actions to glorify You. I want to be a witness to Your power and love. I want to trust and obey You as a faithful servant. Thank You for hearing me and touching me with Your power and grace. Thank You for loving me. Through Your Holy Spirit, I will overcome. And when I overcome, it will be for Your glory and never mine. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,156
Today’s Prayer
May 25, 2020

Good morning my heavenly Father! In Jesus’ wonderful, exalted name I pray! Lord, thank You for this day, Memorial Day, a day we mourn our fallen soldiers. I’m blessed because of those who fought and died for my nation’s freedom! Father, I have so much to be thankful for that I couldn’t even begin to list them in this short prayer.

Jesus said, “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” (John 15:13) Father, I know You are still sovereign over all nations. So, thank You for the thousands of soldiers who have died to protect our freedoms. Because of these friends that I never knew, I am still free.

Lord, without Your sovereign hand upon our nation, where would we be? I’m afraid to contemplate just how corrupt it could be. But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.” (Matthew 26:52) Father, let it be known, I pray, that we continue to fight a war for righteousness. Until Jesus returns, we will fight against evil for His name’s sake!

Lord, I pray for families who have lost loved ones in acts of war. Please Father, do not allow their deaths to be in vain. Draw close to these families, dear God! Let them feel Your love and comfort! And please continue to bless and protect our nation. Protect us from evil. For You have promised to destroy those who do not regard Your works.

“As it is written: Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give them according to the work of their hands; render to them what they deserve. Because they do not regard the works of the Lord, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them and not build them up.” (Psalm 28:4-5)

Lord, I believe that anything that is done for You, in accordance to Your will, is not in vain. Scripture teaches that we will reap showers of blessings. You said to Ezekiel, “I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing.” (Ezekiel 34:26)

“Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, till He comes and rains righteousness on you.” (Hosea 10:12) It’s time to seek the Lord! In the future, we know that the showers of blessing will rain Your righteousness upon this world. All wars will cease! Lord, let everyone sow bountifully!

“He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” (2 Corinthians 9:6, 8) Our good work is to tell others about Jesus!

Father, I am free from sin because Jesus died and won the battle against sin! Hallelujah! Because of Jesus, I am free indeed! In His precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Amen..

8141 - 8160 of 8175 Posts