16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,122
Today’s Prayer
May 16, 2020

Father, I come to You and pray in Jesus’ name. Lord, people who lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want are abusers of Your grace. “Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.” (Proverbs 11:4) What they want is far from what they need. What they need is forgiveness! What does Scripture teach us?

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.” (1 John 1:9-10) All have sinned! But not all repent!

Father, I pray for Your righteousness to be revealed! I pray that people would realize what it means to be forgiven by You. Where there is no repentance, forgiveness is replaced with punishment. I pray wicked hearts would be convicted! Because You are holy, wickedness will be punished! Sinners! Hear these words God gave to Isaiah!

“Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees, who write misfortune, which they have prescribed to rob the needy of justice, and to take what is right from the poor of My people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless. What will you do in the day of punishment, and in the desolation which will come from afar? To whom will you flee for help? And where will you leave your glory?” (Isaiah 10:1-3)

“Without Me they shall bow down among the prisoners, and they shall fall among the slain.” For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still. (Isaiah 10:4) Father, many preachers preach about Your love, but few preach about Your wrath! You have shown us, but their eyes will not see! The truth is suppressed!

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.” (Romans 1:18-19)

Father, when have we wept over the condition of our hearts? When have we expressed deep anguish and sorrow for how we act toward one another? Have we knelt down and prayed? “People shall be brought down, each man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled.” (Isaiah 5:15)

And You, our God of mercy, are always ready to forgive when we repent! So what can we learn, we who think we are better than someone else? Have mercy upon me dear God, for I can stay busy just taking care of myself! Dear Father, I pray I would never look down on anyone, unless I offer my hand to help them up.

I pray for Christian compassion to fill our hearts. I pray all Christians would realize the importance of witnessing and giving our testimonies for Jesus Christ. Father, I praise Your holy name for saving me, for the day will come when my Lord Jesus will appear, and I will forever be with Him, apart from sin. In His precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,126
Today’s Prayer
May 17, 2020

Good morning my dear Lord! I will rejoice! I will worship You! Father, I pray in Jesus’ name for Your will to be done. I know You will hear me. I know You will answer me. “For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.” (Ephesians 2:18) I have access to You, my heavenly Father, because of Jesus! Thank You, dear Lord, for always answering our prayers according to Your will.

Lord, I confess, many mornings I don’t know how to pray. When I receive requests from friends who are in agony over the spiritual condition of a loved one, I too break down and cry. There are tears of many people that are shed for one soul! So Lord, when I don’t have the words to pray, I ask You to look at my heart and give me the words that I should pray. “And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting.” (Romans 1:28)

I know one thing that is not fitting is the abuse of alcohol. There is pain in our bodies, not physical pain, but emotional pain. And many seek the numbing of that pain with a bottle. But it is a bottle that deceives and destroys! It’s estimated that this bottle kills 240 lives each day. This bottle can kill people by car accidents or liver failure.

Satan doesn’t care. Satan only wants them to die. Woe unto sinners who reject Your Word! Father, there are sinners who reject Your mercy; sinners who reject Your grace; sinners who reject Your love! Dear Lord! Don’t they know? Jesus died for sinners! Sinners, listen to this prayer! Please don’t die by a bottle! Live by Jesus and what He said! Do any sinners have a thirst for life?

Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” (John 4:13-14) This is Your Word! This is Your promise! And this is why I have faith.

As a young boy I heard, “You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.” Sometimes Lord, I feel like I’m leading lost people to Your well, but they won’t drink! I feel discouraged and helpless. I can’t force people to understand. Father, forgive me for these times of weakness. Forgive me and help me.

I know I must ask Your Holy Spirit to intervene for I am unable to do what Your Holy Spirit can do. I must wait on You, my Lord, and I ask You to please renew my strength. “My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your word.” (Psalm 119:28) Father, help me to run this race of life for You without becoming weary.

Lord, help me to stand by Your well and offer a drink to anyone who is thirsty. Give me the boldness I need to carry on. “And for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel.” (Ephesians 6:19) This is how I pray, in the precious name of Your Son, Christ Jesus, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,130
Today’s Prayer
May 18, 2020

Good morning my dear Lord! I praise You for You are great and worthy! I’m blessed because of Your love and mercy! Thank You for this day! Father, I pray in Jesus’ name because He is Truth. The psalmist wrote, “Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your tabernacle.” (Psalm 43:3)

Father, we live in a world where few people understand truth. And if one does not understand truth, how can they speak the truth? They lie and lie, again and again, over and over, to cover their sins! God forbid us! God convict us! If high officials in our own government lie, where do we find truth? Once again, the psalmist tells us!

“Consider how I love Your precepts; revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness. The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.” (Psalm 119:159-160) Only You are righteous, my Lord! Father, You sent Jesus into the world and we know He is Truth.

Jesus said, “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.” (Matthew 5:33-37)

Whatever is more than this is of the devil! Father, I pray for discernment in every matter that comes my way. I pray for integrity and honesty! I pray for Your Truth to be revealed! The entirety of Your word is truth!

Father, I pray that the words I speak would always bring honor to You. Without Your Holy Spirit to guide my thoughts, I can’t do it. Jesus prayed these words for His disciples, “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.” (John 17:17-19)

Lord, as long as I’m in this flesh, I know I will struggle. Please continue to bless me and help me each day, that I may serve You according to Your will. I pray these words that Paul wrote to Timothy, “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.” (2 Timothy 2:15-16)

Lord, when I fall I pray You’ll pick me up and show me again the path I need to be on. Time is short and there is still much to do. Jesus said, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few.” (Matthew 9:37) I pray that I would use my remaining days wisely, in ways which bring honor and glory to You. May lost souls realize that Jesus Christ is the way and the truth, and He is our only hope. In His precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,134
Today’s Prayer
May 19, 2020

Good morning my dear Lord! In Jesus’ name, please hear my prayer! In Jesus’ name, please remove any bitterness in my heart! Let Your love manifest in me! I pray You would heal that which only You can heal! Father, my heart breaks for those who are far from You! Their pride rises up! They boast of their works! It does no good!

“My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.” (Psalm 73:26-27) “For the day of the LORD upon all nations is near; as you have done, it shall be done to you; your reprisal shall return upon your own head.” (Obadiah 1:15) All nations will be judged for rebelling against You, dear God!

Father, I pray for Christians that we would learn to recognize the sinful pride which is in us. It is our pride that deceives us, and causes us to elevate ourselves. Lord, You have taught us to remove our pride from all aspects of our lives. I know of nothing more dangerous than self-pride. Pride leads to hatred, arrogance, and destruction!

“The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is in none of his thoughts.” (Psalm 10:4) Dear God! I pray and pray! I preach and preach! Don’t You see the difficulty and my helplessness? I know You care! When will You do something? You have all power to warn! Indeed! You have warned us before!

Yet the LORD testified against Israel and against Judah, by all of His prophets, every seer, saying, “Turn from your evil ways, and keep My commandments and My statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by My servants the prophets.” (2 Kings 17:13)

We are to turn from our evil ways! We are to keep Your commandments! Father, Your grace is great, but does Your grace do away with Your commandments? Of course not! Your grace is greater than anything! Is our pride trying to overcome Your grace? “Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.” (Proverbs 16:18-19)

Lord, it is better to be poor in spirit with You by my side, than anything else. Jesus said, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:3) Pride will cause me to take credit for what You have done in my life. God forbid me from such! Your Word says, “For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?” (1 Corinthians 4:7) Pride is deception!

Lord, I pray Christians would seek wisdom found in the Scriptures. It can be found! “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge and discretion. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.” (Proverbs 8:12-13) Help us, Father! In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
I submitted this for Thankful

Today’s Prayer
May 20, 2020

Good morning my heavenly Father! I come to You in Jesus’ name to pray. Dear God! All glory is Yours! How great You are! What message do You want to give? I’ll pray it! Lord, I pray Your revealing of Your glory would persuade sinners to repent!

Jesus said, “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.” (Luke 15:4-7) How great it is when one lost sheep is found!

Hallelujah! There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents! When one lost sheep returns to the fold, rejoice! Lord, I pray that we would stop and study this truth. Since You said it, it is important for us to understand it. Since You said it, it is important for us to preach it! The fact is this; the bible is absolutely true! Everything in Scripture is for our spiritual edification. And Scripture gives us many warnings!

Jesus said, “For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.” (Matthew 24:21-22) By how long, dear Lord? How long will these days be shortened? This is the second three and a half years of the tribulation! The terror of the anti-Christ will end! And Your time, dear Lord, is always perfect! The elect are they who will be redeemed during the tribulation, for the church has already been raptured!

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” (Matthew 24:29-31)

Be warned, oh sinners of this world! For many truths were spoken by my Lord Jesus! Another truth is this, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.” (Matthew 24:35) Yes, the entire universe will shake and pass away, but Your words will never pass away. Never!

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your Word is true! You always keep Your promises. “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9) One lost sheep is found! Rejoice! Bless You, my Lord this day, for all You do. Your kingdom come; Your will be done! In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen!

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,140
Thanks Tim! I couldn't access DP this morning.

8121 - 8140 of 8162 Posts