Diesel Place banner

8101 - 8120 of 8174 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,102
Today’s Prayer
May 10, 2020

Good morning dear heavenly Father! It’s Mother’s Day and in Jesus’ name I pray for mothers. Lord, I’m so thankful of the assurance that my mama is with You! I am blessed to know before she died, my mother was saved by the blood of Jesus Christ! Hallelujah! She knew Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

How great is the blessed assurance in knowing that I’ll see my mother again? I am assured because of Your promise to come again! Father, I praise You for making that possible through Jesus’ resurrection. Thank You, heavenly Father, for resurrecting Christ from the grave! Father, I know that I know! I know Your love and power were manifest in Your Son.

I know mothers and fathers are different. We should not question Your perfect design. Families require both mothers and fathers. But mothers are very unique creatures. Mothers are capable of doing what no man can do. Mothers give birth. Mothers have tender love, yet they have a powerful love, and they will protect their young without any fear for their own life.

Yes, dear God! I believe Your design of man and woman was the crowning point of Your creation. I pause this Mother’s Day and worship You for Your greatness! Who remembers what Solomon taught us? Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.” Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. (Proverbs 31:28-30)

Lord, I pray for those who have lost their mothers. Comfort us this day as we remember them with love. Thank You for Scripture that teaches us about mothers. Then Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, “Blessed be he of the Lord, who has not forsaken His kindness to the living and the dead!” And Naomi said to her, “This man is a relation of ours, one of our close relatives.” (Ruth 2:20)

Father, we need only to study the lineage of Jesus to determine Your great sovereignty over history. Your loving-kindness is always there, and it always points to Jesus. Always! “Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab, Boaz begot Obed by Ruth, Obed begot Jesse, and Jesse begot David the king.” (Matthew 1:5-6a)

“And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ.” (Matthew 1:16) Boaz redeemed Ruth as he was a kinsmen-redeemer. By Your great mercy, You, dear Lord God, have redeemed us by the blood of Jesus Christ!

Father, there was nothing that could have stopped Your wonderful plan of salvation! Absolutely nothing! How great You are! Thank You for all that You’ve done throughout the ages of time. Thank You for saving a wretched sinner, like me. Thank You for saving my mama. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,106
Today’s Prayer
May 11, 2020

Lord, I pray for the brother of a friend who is still having heart problems. Will You take care of his healing? Will You guide his doctors? You already know what will be needed and I ask that You provide according to Your will. I pray Your peace for his sisters who are worried. Father, You know these things I pray, are because we need You.

For everyone who is anxious, I pray our spirits would overcome our flesh. Jesus said, “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41) Our flesh is weak and corrupted! Lord, hear my cry for what I need! I need You to overcome as I watch and pray. Remove the obstacles that prevent me from serving You. Show me how to best serve You, as You have commanded.

Lord, at times I am overwhelmed by many things in the world. Even in these times of fear and chaos, I know You are with me. Father, I will continue to preach and pray as You command. You’ve shown me many times! “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.” (1 Corinthians 1:18-19)

“These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage. But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.” (Jude 1:16-19)

Dear Lord, keep Your Spirit alive in me, every second of every day. How often do I grumble and complain? And usually it’s over insignificant things. I want to be in Your will and multiply Your kingdom, not divide it. Please forgive me and give me strength! “Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory and exceeding joy, to God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.” (Jude 1:24-25)

Father, thank You for Your chastisement. I know You love me because You care enough to bring about or allow things to happen to stop me and to redirect my priorities and my paths. When things don’t turn out like I expect, it’s usually because I’m not doing what You want me to do or I’m doing something that would not bring about the best results for me, my loved ones, or those around me.

Lord, I pray that You would continue to direct the work of my hands, the desires of my heart, the steps that I take, and help me to trust You and turn when You redirect my paths. I know that “all things work together for good to those who love You, to those who are called according to Your purpose.” (Romans 8:28) And I know You always hear these prayers. I know this because of Jesus. In His precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,110
Today’s Prayer
May 12, 2020

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day! I pray in the name of Your only begotten Son, Jesus! Father, I pray for this day and I pray for those who are doing their best to serve You! I pray Your Holy Spirit would be with us, and fill us. How great You are!

You are Yahweh, Jehovah. You are the Great I Am, the Almighty God! Father, Your existence has always been and will always be. Your existence is not dependent upon anyone or anything. You are all powerful and totally self-sufficient. As is Jesus.

And everything Jesus said, He is! “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:48) “I am the light of the world.” (John 8:12, 9:5) “I am the door.” (John 10:9) “I am the good shepherd.” (John 10:11) “I am the resurrection and the life.” (John 11:25) “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6) “I am the true vine.” (John 15:1)

“Before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58) “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8) Hallelujah! You have always been and You will always be!

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.” (Revelation 21:6-7)

Father, this prayer is a simple but sincere prayer. I pray to know You better. And to know You better means I must love others. To love others is to help them understand their need for Jesus. Fill me with the love of Christ so they will know. I pray to be like Jesus, but it isn’t easy. My heart speaks and You hear this prayer of my heart. This is a prayer for every day of my life. A life of love, to love others, and to be loved.

“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” (1 John 4:7-11)

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” (Revelation 22:12-13) Hallelujah! This is my Savior!

Father, I pray today, and every day, for people to realize they need a Savior! They need Jesus before it’s too late. Jesus Christ is the Savior! He is our hope. Death is the deadline. After we die it’s too late. Who will confess their sins, repent, and believe? Who will come and ask Jesus to save them? In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,114
Today’s Prayer
May 13, 2020

Heavenly Father, I wake this morning in pain. I hurt! I hurt because of hatred. People hate. People kill. Many people accuse others of hating those who really love them. It reminds me of what Jesus said, “The love of many will grow cold. (Matthew 24:12b)

Lord, how has this happened? How did we get here? We ought to know! Israel suffered because they forgot where they came from. And we suffer today for we have forgotten where we came from! When will we learn? How much suffering will we bear? You gave us Your Word, filled with knowledge, but we have rejected it!

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. ‘The more they increased, the more they sinned against Me; I will change their glory into shame. They eat up the sin of My people; they set their heart on their iniquity.’ And it shall be: like people, like priest. So I will punish them for their ways, and reward them for their deeds.” (Hosea 4:6-9)

Lord, You said, “Like people, like priest.” And like Israel, we also have set our hearts on our iniquity! Like pigs in mud, we wallow in our sin! Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421 (1962), was the United States Supreme Court case that ruled it is unconstitutional for state officials to compose an official school prayer and pray in public schools. So here we are, like pigs in mud! Therefore, my dear Lord, I ask You again. When will the fools who shout separation of church and state learn? Our government can’t dictate a religion, but You, dear God, are sovereign over all nations! We have messed things up! And unless we turn back to You, we will find out just how badly we messed up!

Father, no law, no court decision, no opinion of man will ever be able to overrule You! “The LORD has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all. Bless the LORD, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word. Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, you ministers of His, who do His pleasure. Bless the LORD, all His works, in all places of His dominion. Bless the LORD, O my soul!” (Psalm 103:19-22)

Caiaphas, the high priest, arose and said to Him, “Do You answer nothing? What is it these men testify against You?” But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!” Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.” (Matthew 26:62-64)

Father, many today still deny Jesus Christ. Caiaphas was a fool. The fools still don’t understand! You have said! The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” (Psalm 110:1) Your kingdom cannot be destroyed! But Your enemies will be! In Your time! In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,116
Today’s Prayer
May 14, 2020

Good morning dear heavenly Father! By Your blessing a new day is dawning! Lord, I pray in Jesus’ name. I pray, for You are the Creator of all things. Yahweh! Jehovah! Scripture declares who You are! And whoever believes in Your Son is not condemned!

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:18) Father, any man who refuses to believe Your Word is condemned. Who is the one true God? He is the Man who came from heaven to live among us!

He is the Man who told us to love one other. He is the Man who willingly died so we might live. He is the Man who will come again! He is the Man who will make all things new again. Paul wrote, “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.”

“All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.” (Colossians 1:15-18) Father, Jesus is the perfect image, the exact likeness of You!

Lord, I pray we would search the Scriptures and seek a closer relationship with You for You desire the closeness with us that existed before sin entered the world. “And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.” (Genesis 3:8) Adam and Eve tried to hide for they knew they had sinned!

Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?” (Genesis 3:9) You called to Adam and asked where he was. But You already knew where he was! Dear God! You knew what had happened. And it was time for the first confession of sin! Lord, You know where we are today. And each of us must return to You and confess our sins. Will we return to You and be that penitent generation?

“Come, and let us return to the Lord; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His sight.” (Hosea 6:1-2) Hallelujah! Your millennial reign is coming! Your kingdom will come! Let him who says he loves You, confess and repent! Forgiveness is available through Christ Jesus! A penitent generation is coming!

Father, I praise You! You have forgiven me, for my sins were placed upon Jesus when He was on the cross. You have provided for me in spite of my rebellion and selfishness. You have loved me and not forsaken me. Lord Jesus, You are my King and I bow my head in reverence. I shout praise to You for all the world to hear. Who is the one true God? His name is Jesus! I offer this prayer in His precious name, amen.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
Amen...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,118
Today’s Prayer
May 15, 2020

Good morning my heavenly Father! Another day dawns! Thank You, dear Lord, for this day! Let us begin it with praise! Praise Your name! Let it begin with prayer for the world is filled with so much confusion and suffering. Father, I pray in Jesus’ name.

Lord, with all of the confusion, suffering, political chaos and collusion, we must always remain in prayer pleading for Your mercy. If we pray without ceasing, You will hear us. My heart breaks, and at the same time it yearns for Jesus to come.

Father, our human flesh seeks answers to life’s problems. We have answers but many don’t trust the answers in Scripture. Sadly, history and time is beyond our ability to embrace. Solomon said, “To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1) Lord, I declare to any who will listen! Our earthly pursuits should never, ever, come before our desire for heaven.

This is what I see. The years are speeding up and I’m curious as to how long will we have. How many years until all Your promises are fulfilled? Many wonder about our great God and Your years. Elihu knew and he told Job! “Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him; nor can the number of His years be discovered.” (Job 36:26)

One year is like a thousand for You are eternal! Lord, in our little finite minds, we can’t see the spans of eternity. But we should trust the One who has existed for eternity. “Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.” (Psalm 147:5)

Father, I pray that I would always use each day for prayer and to worship You. If I ever think my understanding is sufficient, then I have erred, and erred greatly. I pray to always place abundant trust in You. Forbid me, dear Lord, from ever thinking in selfish ways. Humble me each day, dear God, for each day is a gift from You.

“My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” Selah! (Psalm 62:5-8) Hallelujah! Again, I will declare the words of the Psalmist! Trust in God at all times!

Yes, my Lord! Even when times are hard, we should trust in You! Father, thank You for Your wisdom which is pure and good. “For the word of the LORD is right, and all His work is done in truth. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.” (Psalm 33:4-5) Even though many are suffering, the earth is full of Your goodness!

Please dear Lord! Help me to encourage someone today who needs a blessing. May You be glorified by what I say to others. Always help us, Father, to draw closer to You and not to the things of the world. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.

8101 - 8120 of 8174 Posts