Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 8187 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's Prayer
November 16, 2011

Good morning my dear Lord! In Jesus’ name I pray, and as I sit here before Your throne of grace, I am in awe of how You are always with me. As I study Scripture, there is so much I do not understand, but I do believe it. Your Word says: Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. (James 4:8-10) I want to feel Your presence in my life in a greater way. I want more of You, to draw closer to You. I want to keep my priorities straight, to have my sight focused on You. I want my very life to revolve around You. Please help me to balance this life, church, family, friends, and devotional time with You. Please give me wisdom and strength to always do what is right, and all that I must do. I see myself acting slothfully so often, and I’m sorry. I pray my love for others will be from my heart, sincere, genuine, and not for any reason but to glorify You. Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. (Romans 12:9-13) I thank You, God, for guiding me and blessing me in so many ways, and for working in me to do Your good will. I pray for Your blessings upon my life, not for me, but so You will be honored and glorified. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit! Use me, however You deem necessary. For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. (2 Corinthians 5:14-15) May I show others the love of Christ, and may souls be saved for Your kingdom. In Jesus' precious name I pray and praise You, amen.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
924 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today's Prayer
November 17, 2011

Good morning my dear Lord! I come to You in prayer in the name of Jesus, and I bow with praise and give thanks for Your Son. Lord, if tomorrow doesn’t come, I pray that I will leave behind a testimony that points to You. Help me to live as if today were my last before entering eternity, for I know not what the day may bring. As I go into places where some people will belittle and ridicule Your Word, I ask for Your blessing of strength, that I may love my enemies. This is what You, my Lord Jesus, have taught: “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? (Matthew 5:43-46) Thank You for blessing me and loving me and filling me with Your Spirit. Help me to not be deceived, as Your Word so warns: Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame. (1 Corinthians 15:33-34) I pray for those who do not have knowledge of You. I pray You will touch their hearts with Your Holy Spirit that they may believe. May these words of Your Son have a place, and understanding in their hearts: Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. (John 14:12) Please feed my soul and give me strength for this day. May You be glorified and exalted this day, as I serve You with great gladness and joy. May I touch lives and sow seeds throughout this day. In the precious name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Amen.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today's Prayer
November 18, 2011

Good morning my dear heavenly Father. I come to You in prayer in Jesus' name, and I thank You for Your promises. I remember what my mother taught me as a young child. She said, “We always keep our promises.” Scripture teaches us You always keep Your promises, ALWAYS! Behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth. And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed. (Joshua 23:14) Lord, this verse caused me to pause and think. If all Your previous promises were kept by You, shouldn’t we believe that the things to come, which You have spoken, will also be fulfilled? Lord God of Israel, there is no God in heaven above or on earth below like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts. Yet regard the prayer of Your servant and his supplication, O Lord my God, and listen to the cry and the prayer which Your servant is praying before You today. (1 Kings 8:23,28) Lord, please never let me become a hardened fool who does not listen or learn from my mistakes. I give praise to You for Your promises, every single one of them, will be fulfilled! My faith is in You! I pray for Your guidance, direction, and wisdom each and every day. Thank You for hearing Your servant and thank You for answering this prayer. In Jesus' most precious name, and for His sake I pray, amen.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today's Prayer
November 19, 2011

Good morning my dear Lord and Creator! Oh how I thank You for Jesus, for it is Him who has enabled me to approach Your throne of grace with boldness! God, You have told me, "he who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." (John 14:21) Lord, I thank You that, through our prayers, we are able to bless each other, according to Your Word: Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. (Hebrews 13:20-21) Lord, I say to others that I love You, but if I do not share Your love with others, then I am not like You. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth”; who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. (1 Peter 2:21-24) I’m healed by Your wounds! Thank You my dear Lord! You have given me Your Word and I want to obey. Give me a thirst to know more of You and spend more time in Your Word that I may not stumble. Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present You present faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. (Jude 1:24-25) Forever with You! In Your precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today's Prayer
November 20, 2011

Good morning my dear Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. You are all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful. I praise You for Your magnificence. Before creation, You were God, and You will be God for all eternity! Your Word teaches, and I pray we will listen! I pray we will learn! For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the Lord our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? And what great nation is there that has such statutes and righteous judgments as are in all this law which I set before you this day? Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren, especially concerning the day you stood before the Lord your God in Horeb, when the Lord said to me, ‘Gather the people to Me, and I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children.’ (Deuteronomy 4:7-10) Lord, I pray Your people today will seek You diligently and serve You joyfully. Please help me and every adult, and even teenagers, to be the witnesses that we should be. Little children are watching us, and I mean they are really watching us. They look up to us. They imitate us. They learn from us. I pray that everything we do and say is honorable, good, true, and pure. I pray that our hearts, minds, eyes, mouths, hands all do things that are pleasing to You and good examples for the children. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6) This training first starts in the home, and then the church! Lord, there is no better way to educate our children. Thank You for Your inspiration and Your guidance. In Jesus' precious name I pray, amen.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Today's Prayer
November 20, 2011

Good morning my dear Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. You are all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful. I praise You for Your magnificence. Before creation, You were God, and You will be God for all eternity! Your Word teaches, and I pray we will listen! I pray we will learn! For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the Lord our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? And what great nation is there that has such statutes and righteous judgments as are in all this law which I set before you this day? Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren, especially concerning the day you stood before the Lord your God in Horeb, when the Lord said to me, ‘Gather the people to Me, and I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children.’ (Deuteronomy 4:7-10) Lord, I pray Your people today will seek You diligently and serve You joyfully. Please help me and every adult, and even teenagers, to be the witnesses that we should be. Little children are watching us, and I mean they are really watching us. They look up to us. They imitate us. They learn from us. I pray that everything we do and say is honorable, good, true, and pure. I pray that our hearts, minds, eyes, mouths, hands all do things that are pleasing to You and good examples for the children. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6) This training first starts in the home, and then the church! Lord, there is no better way to educate our children. Thank You for Your inspiration and Your guidance. In Jesus' precious name I pray, amen.
Doesn,t sound to promising now... does it?;)

First fear the Devil,..now Him too!:eek:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doesn,t sound to promising now... does it?;)

First fear the Devil,..now Him too!:eek:
Bison, if you will use a concordance to translate the use of the word "fear," you will learn that most of the references in Scripture, the use of the word "fear" means to respect. This use comes from the Hebrew word yare'.

Thus, this verse can be correctly translated as:

I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear (reverence, honor, respect) Me all the days they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children.

The original Old Testatment was written mostly in Hebrew, and some Aramaic. The New Testament was originally written in Greek. One of the best concordances that will help a Bible scholar is the Strong's Concordance.

Hope this helps you to better understand it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Today's Prayer
November 20, 2011

Amen

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Bison, if you will use a concordance to translate the use of the word "fear," you will learn that most of the references in Scripture, the use of the word "fear" means to respect. This use comes from the Hebrew word yare'.

Thus, this verse can be correctly translated as:

I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear (reverence, honor, respect) Me all the days they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children.

The original Old Testatment was written mostly in Hebrew, and some Aramaic. The New Testament was originally written in Greek. One of the best concordances that will help a Bible scholar is the Strong's Concordance.

Hope this helps you to better understand it.
This was the main scripture passage in our sermon today:

1 Corintians 1:18

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This was the main scripture passage in our sermon today:

1 Corintians 1:18
AMEN!

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

But by the power of God we, those who have been saved, are to continue trying to win the lost until the very last day!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today's Prayer
November 21, 2011

Good morning heavenly Father! Lord, I come before You in prayer in Jesus' name. As I lay in bed thinking about Thanksgiving in just three days, I thought about how often I give thanks to You. Certainly not just once each year, but it caused me to stop and think. I really can’t thank You enough. If my heart beats once per second, that’s thirty six hundred beats per hour, and over eighty six thousand beats each and every day. You, Father God, are most deserving of praise, and I do not have enough seconds to thank You enough. And then I thought about how often I ask You to bless someone who is sick, or someone who is facing extreme stress in their life. But this morning Lord, I pray for You to be blessed for it is You who I worship, You who I serve, it is You who allows my heart to beat those eighty six thousand times each day. Without a beating heart there is no life in this body. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23) I pray as Christian Americans give thanks to the God, from Whom all blessings flow, that we will worship You; and love You, with all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our strength. So Lord, this morning I pray this straight from Your Word: Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalm 103:1-5) And may You be glorified and exalted as Christians celebrate Thanksgiving, three hundred sixty five days, each and every year. In the most precious name of Jesus I pray, amen.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today's Prayer
November 22, 2011

Good morning my dear Lord. I pray to You in the name of Your only begotten Son, Jesus. Lord, when I was a young man I didn’t think much about getting old. I didn’t worry about death. Young people think they have plenty of time to do whatever they want. Most young people do not fear death. But I say only those who are saved, by the blood of Jesus, should not fear death. Day after day goes by, and we think we will have another day, but some will not. Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. (James 4:13-14) Lord, I pray for those whose last day will be today, that they will reach out to You, believe in Jesus, and ask Your forgiveness. For only Jesus can take away their sins! The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29) Woe unto those who refuse Your gift! Jesus said: But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man. (Luke 21:34-36) Father God, I pray that Your glory will shine today, and we will fall to our knees with thanksgiving and praise. Thank You for answering this prayer, in Jesus' precious name, amen.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Today's Prayer
November 22, 2011

Good morning my dear Lord. I pray to You in the name of Your only begotten Son, Jesus. Lord, when I was a young man I didn’t think much about getting old. I didn’t worry about death. Young people think they have plenty of time to do whatever they want. Most young people do not fear death. But I say only those who are saved, by the blood of Jesus, should not fear death. Day after day goes by, and we think we will have another day, but some will not. Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. (James 4:13-14) Lord, I pray for those whose last day will be today, that they will reach out to You, believe in Jesus, and ask Your forgiveness. For only Jesus can take away their sins! The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29) Woe unto those who refuse Your gift! Jesus said: But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man. (Luke 21:34-36) Father God, I pray that Your glory will shine today, and we will fall to our knees with thanksgiving and praise. Thank You for answering this prayer, in Jesus' precious name, amen.
How in the blazes would you know that??.

What did he say?

1 - 20 of 8187 Posts