Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so close to buying a new 2007 classic cc 4x4 LT1 it's scary. I'd love some last minute advice from those that have been there. I'm trying to take advantage of Cheverot's 0% financing that ends Tuesday. I'd like to know what to watch out for, dealer tricks, problems with the truck that eed to be addressed. Looks like I'll be out the door for a little less than 38K. Taking the wife to the dealer for a sit down this afternoon. If you have any advice, good or bad, please post it here and I'll read it before I go this afternoon. Sure do appreciate it.

SBB

·
Registered
552 Posts
P.M. howard m18 he should have any answers you need.good luck

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dieseljoe but I'm afraid it's a little too late now. I signed the papers this afternoon about 6pm. I'm scheduled to pick up the truck on Monday. I was rather disappointed I couldn't get the camper mirrors I wanted. I was told that the 2007 classic trucks are in short supply in my area and it took over 1 hour of phone calls before the dealer could be certain I could get the one we were dealing on. Oh well, better fuel mileage with the small mirrors I guess....

SBB

·
Registered
164 Posts
Some people here have changed the mirrors. Enjoy the truck

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't feel bad dude, they hosed me on the tow mirrors too... Congrats on the new ride, you won't be dissappointed!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I'm very excited and pick it up on Monday!

SBB

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is probably not the right place for this question but for the sake of not starting a new thread.....
What is the tow rating on this truck? Thanks.
SBB

·
Registered
191 Posts
Soggybottomboy;1598469; said:
Thanks dieseljoe but I'm afraid it's a little too late now. I signed the papers this afternoon about 6pm. I'm scheduled to pick up the truck on Monday. I was rather disappointed I couldn't get the camper mirrors I wanted. I was told that the 2007 classic trucks are in short supply in my area and it took over 1 hour of phone calls before the dealer could be certain I could get the one we were dealing on. Oh well, better fuel mileage with the small mirrors I guess....

SBB
They got about at least 12-15 ish 2007 classics here in Jackson, MS...Might be of interest to some still looking

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. I've been up and down about doing the same thing. The Classic looks real good with 0%!! I talked with a few dealers today and they don't want to discount more than 4,000 off sticker.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's about what I got, little over 3 off the sticker. I should pick it up today. I can't wait!

SBB

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Tow rating I believe is 22,500 GCWR - 7000 lbs or roughly a 15,500 lb trailer. More then enough for what is in your picture. GVWR is 9200 lbs and since it will weight just around 7000 lbs with gas and you in it then you of course have a 2200 lb payload.

Mike C

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my new truck today!!! That Graystone Metallic looked better than I imagined! I was kinda irked to see 233 miles already but I guess it will be ok. They had to bring it to Zebulon from Mooresville. (Home of Dale Earnhardt for those westerers) It just helps me get to 500 before I tow my camper in 2 weeks. Awesomely smooth and quiet truck. I wonder how many miles were on everyone else's trucks when they signed the papers? Thanks for all the replies, ya'll have been a lot of help.

SBB

·
Registered
287 Posts
I picked mine up tonight, exactly like yours and LT3. It has 5 miles on it when I got there. My rubicon I bought in 04 had 2 miles, I got it the day it came off the truck. I wouldn't balk if it has 100 on it... shoot it will have it eventually.

-Josh

·
Registered
474 Posts
Soggybottomboy;1598469; said:

SBB
Even if you don't plan on towing, these camper mirrors are sweet! The visual coverage is outstanding with the dual mirrors on each side. Small blind spot if any. Well worth switching them out IMHO.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JMann, congrats on your new truck also! Greg, I'll check around for those mirros, I really do still want them. I've got 2 questions if ya'll would be so kind... 1. My dealer said my truck doesn't have a wait to start light? Just start it right up like a gas truck. Is this true? The manuel says it does.
2. Everything I've read on here reccomends Stanadyne additive. The manuel says it does not reccomend any additive. What's the deal?
Thanks is advance.
SBB

·
Registered
552 Posts
oh well,but congrats man.:D you can start her right up and go,just be sure not to get happy throttle syndrome until she warms up:eek:: .the mirror swap is a cinch 15 mins per side:p: and dont feel bad mine had a whopping 56 miles on it when i got it.the dealer had it on their lot for 9 months
that is alot of test drives.the sales mgr. told me that the people would come in and want a d-max but not the blue granite.so they would test drive mine and wait for another color came in.he also said my truck probably sold more than 60 units in the time it was there:p: .they also used it for a parts delivery truck(scratches in bed and on top rails:mad: )
but sticker was 48,000 and i walked out w/3%fin.and42,000otd.plus they repainted entire bed:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DJ, oooh - Remind me never to complain again..... Ouch!

So now I've got 470 miles on her and just about ready to tow! So far, knock on wood, every hash mark on the fuel gauge has been 100 miles. However, I've been driving Miss Daisy and I don't expect that to last. Just under 1/2 tank and I'm at 248 miles. Does anyone know what size fuel tank I have?

SBB

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
268 miles and I haven't hit the 1/4 tank mark yet! I really think I can make it to 300 before the mark. <Crossed fingers> If I make 400 miles on a tank of 26 gallons, I'm looking little over 15 mpg on the first tank with 516 miles on the truck.....

*That'll do Max, that'll do. * ;)

SBB

·
Registered
474 Posts
Soggybottomboy;1607305; said:
JMann, congrats on your new truck also! Greg, I'll check around for those mirros, I really do still want them. I've got 2 questions if ya'll would be so kind... 1. My dealer said my truck doesn't have a wait to start light? Just start it right up like a gas truck. Is this true? The manuel says it does.
2. Everything I've read on here recommends Stanadyne additive. The manuel says it does not reccomend any additive. What's the deal?
Thanks is advance.
SBB

Soggy,

Yes, there is a wait to start light which is to the upper left of your console. It's is/looks like a coil. Unless it's really cold outside, it will usually only come on if you haven't run your truck for several hours or more after coming to running temperature. The wait time for the glow plugs is extremely short. That is supposed to be one of the things (shorter glow time) that they changed from the earlier LBZ's if I recall correctly.

Stanadyne-
The manual is worded in a safe manner for GM. It's weird. It doesn't really say don't use additives, but they do not promote their use either.

Page 28 (Duramax Booklet)
Diesel fuel or fuel additives not recommended in this manual could damage your fuel system, fuel-operated heater(FOH)(Van models only) and engine. Your warranty would not cover this damage. And:

*Blah Blah Blah
*Aftermarket diesel fuel additives are not tested by General Motors. Some additives, particulary those which contain alcohol (cetane?) or water emulsifiers, may damage your fuel system. If you believe that unique circumstances call for a fuel additive to be used, consult your dealer.

*Blah Blah Blah

My guess is that the Stealership is going to tell you to follow what the manual says. I don't believe they will express or imply that GM will cover you based on what you feel your "circumstance" is.
Stanadyne claims on their website that "engine and vehicle manufacturers have tested and approved Stanadyne fuel additives since 1993". They go on to say that Ford, GM, Volkswagon, Navistar, John Deere, Caterpillar, AM General and others have recommended Stanadyne diesel fuel additives in their engines or vehicles.

I currently am on my second tank of diesel with the Stanadyne Performance Formula. I've got 2950 miles on my new rig and just started using Stanadyne. I think I will actually call GM, not the stealership, tomorrow and see what they say. The problem in my mind is even if they say "Yeah, okay use it", they can always articulate otherwise at a later date if something is wrong that they don't like the looks or smell of.

I too have read posts on here that Stanadyne is approved. I have no reason to doubt the other members. However, I will be the one and only advocate for myself when I'm at the stealership when and if I have a problem. I'd like to hear it from the horse's (GM) mouth. I'm going to have to hear something fairly profound from them to make me stop using it. I'm not a fan of this ULSD fuel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Greg, that's been the most helpful post I've had since I've been here. Thanks for taking your time and clueing me in. I appreciate it. I hope you get an "honest" answer from GM when you call instead of the "corporate" answer. I don't think it will be hard to tell them apart. Please come back to this thead and let me know what they say. I could easily miss it if you posted somewhere else on this site, I'm still learning my way around.

SBB

1 - 20 of 25 Posts