Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I would like to say thanks to those that responded to my other Juice/Attitude thread. I just like to make double (sometimes triple!) sure that what I buy will be good for me. I am a tough guy to please! Okay, last round of questions!

Will the allison survive while using the Juice/Attitude? I don't mean just for 20k miles, I mean for over 100K? This will be my last truck for a few years and I have a 6 year note (hopefully paid off a little sooner!). Tell me what I need to do to accomplish this! (besides going back to stock!
)

Warning! The responses I get today will determine whether I order one before end of business today!

Thanks again!!

P.S. The truck will weigh in at about 8K lbs when I finish the bumper and roll bar. I will stay with the stock 245 tires for the entire time.Edited by: cdhd2001

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are trucks on here that have close to 100k on them running the Juice at 90 hp. As long as you don't beat the hell out of it, staying at full throttle and full power all of the time, then the tranny will last. Showing some mechanical empathy will go a long way to making it last longer. If you get the thing and run it (like I do) on level 2 or 3 most of the time and just up the power once in a while for fun, it will last a very very long time.

Jess

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
The biggest determining factor is how YOU treat it. If you respect it, it will do fine, BUT if you do like I do and race with a loaded trailer hooked on, it will not last long...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The most abuse it will have is the occassional dragstrip (1 or 2 times a year) and towing my 9k lbs 5th wheel. Towing I always ease it up to speed then engage the cruise control. I am usually easy on vehicles, but I do expect them to perform when needed/wanted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts