Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the deal. My lease is up on my 05 Silverado 5.3. My needs are towing my current 27 tt with hopes of upgrading soon :rolleyes: not to mention a 12x7 enclosed trailer, and daily driving.
So with all of the emmisions issues as well as all of the "bugs" a new model year brings (weither it's in warrenty or not) I'm not sure I want that for my first diesel purchase. While instead releasing a new Silverado MAX instead, and waiting for the 08 upgrades, ie: intergraded brake control, fixing any LMM bugs as well as any other quirks, and then buying.
I guess I'm wondering if I'm totaly off base with that thinking or just shut up and go buy what you want now. Any input would help!!!!:help:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
My opinoin:

1. The LMM is not a totally different engine from the LBZ. I would expect any 'bugs' to be minor, unlike a completely new engine design.
2. The intergrated brake controller is listed as an option on the GMT900 HD's. It may be that they are just not available onthe first few models released.

I'd have no problems with getting a LMM as soon as the model & options I want are available.

·
Banned
720 Posts
if they make anychanges i think it would be in the styling ques or little tweeks the tahoe has not had many problems and it is basically the same thing minus the diesel but if you are worried about the bug and things and if you liked your 05 then you can't go wrong with the lbz in the classic and you lease for 2 years right well that would be addiquate time to work out the buggs on the new ones my self i plan to buy a 08 cc dually i never buy the first year in production

·
Registered
230 Posts
With the new warranty program of 5 years or 100,000 miles, it should be more tolerable to deal with the Year 1 problems than in the past.

·
Registered
669 Posts
the integrated trailer brake controller is available on all 2007 gmt 900 hd's. and o..what bugs..:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now to add to my confusion (like i need any help with that :confused: ) I've been reading the other posts on the DPF issues and such, and the added problems that can occur. Not to mention, I really don't want 500 degree exhaust gas within 3 to 4 feet of my tt while towing! I know that for the most part Gm has their stuff together, and we can't be the only ones that have brought this stuff up but it makes me leery.
I'm not going to super mod the truck but some bolt on's would be nice but not at the sacrifice of reliability or warrenty issues.
Still on the fence, and would love to hear everyones two cents:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
The GMT900 HD's are the same exact chassis as the GMT800, the only chassis that is different is the 1500 chassis, but all of the 2500HD and 3500HD chassis are the same as the GMT800. (this is right from the horses mouth at GM)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts