Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 10 of these recieved brand new. They are upgrade units, meaning it uses the satellite card from your existing reciever. They are brand new, never plugged in, never used in perfect condition, remote included. Originally $250 is my understanding. I paid $150 each for them, as gifts, been sitting here for 6 months now.

I just need to get rid of them, guaranteed, no hassles.

Choice of 2 models:

RCA DVR40
Philips DSR704

Both are 35 hr DVR's, they let you watch one show while recording another, lot's of capabilities. Some information

http://reviews.cnet.com/RCA_DIRECTV_System_DVR40_DVR_TiVo/4507-6474_7-31001117.html?tag=nav

$75 ea plus shipping. If something is wrong with it (there won't be), I will refund the $75 when you ship it back to me. Paypal, credit card, or check is fine.

Please make my life easy and email me [email protected]
If you PM me I may not get to it for awhile

·
Registered
245 Posts
email sent.

·
Registered
100 Posts
another e-mail.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I don't mean to ask a dumb question,but are these plug and play for existing Directv customers or do you have to upgrade/change programming from Directv?

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for updating that, I was just reminded of that. The $5 applies to 1 or as many as you want. those that have used TIVO, have told me they would not live without it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Another dumb question...

I already have a TIVO reciever and have been wanteing to get one to take camping. Can I just pull the card from my exisitng TIVO reciever when i go camping and pop it into this receiver on the road?

Greg

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Another dumb question...

I already have a TIVO reciever and have been wanteing to get one to take camping. Can I just pull the card from my exisitng TIVO reciever when i go camping and pop it into this receiver on the road?

Greg
If Direct tV is anythong like dish, No. The card is married to the reciever.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 sold. I am not sure about the answer to your question Greg. I have seen people do what you are talking about with regular receivers, not sure about TIVO recievers.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Another dumb question...

Greg
From my experience with DirecTv is that they will send you a card for it, I am assuming for free. You activate it when you want to use it and then deactivate it when you don't need it, basically saving yourself $5-10 a month.

That is what I do when I use my TT, which isn't very often, so when I do use it, it only cost me for that month $5-10....

·
Registered
286 Posts
If Direct tV is anythong like dish, No. The card is married to the reciever.
What is the purpose of this feature??? I see it moves that particular post to the top of the screen, but I must be missing something here.
The card can't be switched between receivers. As posted above, it marries to the receiver.

·
Registered
191 Posts
These are brand new w/all info included. Will it work with Dish Network. If so my wife wants one.PM me with details.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are brand new w/all info included.
Yes

Someone else will have to chime in on compatability. They are the same company now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
DirecTV receivers will not work with Dish Network. Two different companies. DirecTV is owned by News Corp (FOX) and Dishnet is owned by Echostar.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Killerbee,

Email sent. I'll take one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I picked up my dvr from killerbee this week. I finaly got around to hook it up last night. If you are using it as a replacement for you exsiting reciever directv can reprogram the access card over the phone. before you call them hook up the dvr. do not put the access card in untill they tell you to. It takes about 10-15 mins. thanks killerbee.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.