Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of ordering a Titan undercarrage replacement tank for my new 3500 C.C. Dually (62 Gal). Has anyone installed one?? I know that it uses the factory sending unit from the stock tank but I was wondering if it comes with a fuel pump and float already in the tank. How about re-calibrating the travel computer to compensate for the larger tank?? What do ya think of "Titan" Vs Transferflow"??

·
Registered
352 Posts
Rosey;1600766; said:
Thinking of ordering a Titan undercarrage replacement tank for my new 3500 C.C. Dually (62 Gal). Has anyone installed one?? I know that it uses the factory sending unit from the stock tank but I was wondering if it comes with a fuel pump and float already in the tank. How about re-calibrating the travel computer to compensate for the larger tank?? What do ya think of "Titan" Vs Transferflow"??
There is no fuel pump in a diesel tank. You use the sending unit from the stock tank. The only things that are out of sync is gallons remaining and range to empty.
I just received my Titan and can tell you it is one heck of a piece. Not installed it yet. Undecided whether to do it myself or have it done.

Max

·
Registered
23 Posts
Big Max;1600854; said:
You use the sending unit from the stock tank. The only things that are out of sync is gallons remaining and range to empty.

Max

Does the computers "miles per gallon" calculations still work correctly?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
One thing to keep in mind with these tanks, or any oversize tank is that your gauge may not be linear anymore. I have seen it with all of the tanks we have installed and also from feedbacks of customers with tanks we didnt install. The gauge will read what appears to be normal, but when the gauge says E, there may still be 10 gallons in the tank.

Titan has had some issues with delivering as of late, but they are a good piece.

·
Registered
352 Posts
dmaxalliTech;1601390;Titan has had some issues with delivering as of late said:
Boy I'll say they have a problem delivering, Took me 18 months to get mine.

Max

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Ive got the Titan 52 Gallon tank. Fuel gauge is accurate enough. Its the last 1/4 tank that may be a bit off. Titan makes pretty good stuff. There directions suck bad, so your kinda on your own for the install, but I was able to do it so that means most can do it. Good luck and you'll love the range of the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.