Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 100k mile LB7 Cali motor from 70 Z UC about 3 months ago. Finally got it in June. Was shipped with an extra set of federal LB7 heads. Upon receipt of motor we didn't know any damage had occurred because the shipping company rewrapped the motor with black plastic wrap and we couldn't see any damage. Not suspecting the shipment was signed off on and driver drove off. Opening the motor revealed one entire head was missing and the other has an exhaust valve bent right at the guide through the head. Junk. Motor was turned over on its side, oil filter bashed in, fan and clutch busted, power steering pump trashed, and other misc minor damage. Shipper won't cover any damages or lost head and 70 Z UC hasn't done much either. This is my second bad hit on a motor I've bought off here.

Bought a used Cp3 off of huffy67 about 3 weeks ago now and I still don't have a pump. I need it because its holding me up. Have sent him 3 texts in the last 2 days and he won't respond now. Smh and fed the Fu$& up!!!!!!

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,280 Posts
Sorry to hear about yours problems.

hate it when you get shafted

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
Upon receipt of motor we didn't know any damage had occurred because the shipping company rewrapped the motor with black plastic wrap and we couldn't see any damage.
Sorry to have to say it, but your first mistake was signing for it without inspecting it left, right, and center FIRST.

If the damage happened enroute vs the seller having sent you a piece of junk, it's the carriers fault, not the sellers.

However, having signed off on the shipment, you've now absolved them of all responsibility, so you can't make a claim for any damage now.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to have to say it, but your first mistake was signing for it without inspecting it left, right, and center FIRST.

If the damage happened enroute vs the seller having sent you a piece of junk, it's the carriers fault, not the sellers.

However, having signed off on the shipment, you've now absolved them of all responsibility, so you can't make a claim for any damage now.
Yeah I know and it won't happen again. It just pisses me off cause the carrier tried to cover the **** up by wrapping it back up in black so we couldn't tell.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still waiting on my f-ing pump from huffy67! I filed a claim with PayPal and am waiting for the refund of my money! Stay away from this piece of sh!t as far as buying anything off of him.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That really sucks but as mentioned you signed for it. :(

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moderators please expell huffy67's marketplace privileges. He has not responded to my texts or calls and he also won't respond to my PayPal dispute.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
I will address it with the staff...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
975 Posts
Not sure why this is even posted here... We have both been round and round trying to get answers from a third party carrier regarding insurance coverage. I sent you the info that they would not cover it because you didn't claim it at pickup. I've shipped several engines as far away as New Zeland and have only had one other issue of a bent fan. I was being plenty helpful and letting you know as soon as I had another set of Fed heads they would head your way. I'm in Cali, fed heads are rare to come through the shop, I don't have a timeframe when I magically recieve them.. Many on here know me personally for years and know how I help others.. You can now find your own heads, I'm done trying to help!!

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,280 Posts
If you (70z uc) wrapped the engine up in clear pallet wrap and then when the engine is delivered to bigdmax it's been re-wrapped in black wrapping, the carrier would have to prove why they did it.

I had this with a pair of turbos a few months ago when the courier " lost " the package

They searched for it and found it under a conveyor. they delivered it to me the following day and did a " splash and dash " driver came to door, got a signature then went to truck for package. dropped package and left. The package had been ripped open and squashed then sealed back up with their own " company marked " tape. They tried to wangle out of the damage with the " you signed for it as is " that was until I showed them the CCTV of their driver and how he " delivered " it and that the box was in their own tape.

I got my money back + compensation for the turbos

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have pictures of it wrapped & strapped plus video of a "walk around" after it was finished. I do this with everything for this reason. I'm not sure what he has on his end other then a few pics of damaged parts..

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
Everyone, please take note of the sticky in this forum located here:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/45-market-place/39-member-feedback/442068-alll-posts-forum-moderated.html

All posts in our member feedback forum, including replies, are moderated by default...so you will NOT see them appear immediately until a staff member approves the post.

This is done as a safeguard to ensure that feedback is appropriate and factual before posting it as public record.

Basically, be patient...replies to this thread will not immediately be visible.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure why this is even posted here... We have both been round and round trying to get answers from a third party carrier regarding insurance coverage. I sent you the info that they would not cover it because you didn't claim it at pickup. I've shipped several engines as far away as New Zeland and have only had one other issue of a bent fan. I was being plenty helpful and letting you know as soon as I had another set of Fed heads they would head your way. I'm in Cali, fed heads are rare to come through the shop, I don't have a timeframe when I magically recieve them.. Many on here know me personally for years and know how I help others.. You can now find your own heads, I'm done trying to help!!
Umm yeah this really wasn't a slam against you! I shouldn't have put your name in the heading title. For that I'm sorry. 2nd it took you over a month to palletize the motor and ship it to me after I payed you on PayPal. I'm sorry this got to where it did and I know your busy with your own shop and all but that shouldn't discredit my purchase. I don't think you would've sent me heads unless I stayed up your ass with emails anyway. Case in point I should've inspected the motor before it was signed off on.

Side note: Paypal approved my dispute with huffy67 so I finally got my money back. I would recommend not buying anything off of him!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have pictures of it wrapped & strapped plus video of a "walk around" after it was finished. I do this with everything for this reason. I'm not sure what he has on his end other then a few pics of damaged parts..
I have pictures of the busted straps and the motor laying on its side with the power steering pump and oil filter housing taking most of the abuse. Pictures of the one head I do have with the bent valves and gouged deck surface.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
How or why would a shipping company remove a head? and how would an exhaust valve get jammed up inside the head?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Cant you guys put the pictures and videos together to show the shipper for a claim?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Shippers will do anything to deny a claim. Just keep the pressure on them.. Usually it takes several months to get any kind of reply from them. Just because you signed off on it does not mean they are not liable for damages.. Sad part is you have to sit on the damaged stuff while they take their time... Our company once had a large machine shipped that was used and we bought extra insurance to cover it. They dropped it off a forklift and admitted to it. Then they refused to pay up because we had over insured a used machine. Several letters from an attorney finally got us a refund.

·
Registered
386 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.