Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you guys prefer Nitto Terra's or BFGoodrich KO's. From what I've been reading they have the same ply's and are load rated close to each other. Just so you know I'm trying to choose between 16" and 18" wheels. If I go 18" the Nitto 285/60r18 tires would probably be the choice. What do you guy's think about them? Also what back spacing is needed to if I run a 18 x 9 wheel to keep everything from sticking to far out as well as having no rub issues?
My truck is a 2006 2500HD.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I can only comment on BFGs. I have had mine on for about 12-13000 miles. They still look like brand new. Of course I only have a short summer up here, but they didn't seem to wear too much over the 4-5 months of dry roads that I had them on. I don't know much about the Nittos, but I know that BFG advertises 3 ply sidewalls. I don't know if Nittos are the same. From what I have been reading, most people have been getting about 50-55000 miles out of their BFGs. I will be happy with 40000. As far as the Nittos, from what I have read on this forum, they wear out a little fast (I don't know or remember miles), but who's to say what fast is. Either way from what I understand, you can't go wrong with either tire. You will get lots more feedback in the next day or two.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kind of interested in the wear miles of the Nitto Terra tires. There are quite a few people running them but don't advertise how long they last.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone run the 285/60r18 towing heavy loads?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I run the Nittos(325/60) on a 18" Pro Comp wheel with 5 " backspacing. I love them, they are quite and for a daily driver they wear very well. Have almost 6000 miles on them, and the tread still looks new. Just keep the alignment in check and proper rotation and you should be fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a set of BFG AT KO's 285/75-16 on my 04 with 26k miles on them and they still look like new. I tow a 5000 pound boat during the summer months. Not much towing in the winter. Tires are quiet and have great wet/dry traction. I expect to get 45-50k out of the tires based on how they have worn so far.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Optimum,
I was hoping to hear from some Nitto users as they and Toyo are the only manufactures that have nice 285/60r18 truck tires.

·
Banned
127 Posts
the nitto's are pretty good, the bfg are in my opinion the best all around tire you can buy, but costly. you really can't go wrong with either tire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts