Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When changing tire sizes is the only thing affected the speed or is the odometer and trip thrown off also? What about the oil life monitor?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Speedo, ABS, Odo, OLM, will all be affected by change in tire size, extreme cases could also cause trans concerns.. sutble changes will likely go unoticed

Eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Whay about changing my dually tires from 215's to 235's or 19.5" rims with a low profile tire about the size of a 235 and change the speedo will that hurt the trans? Is that a small enough size tire before affecting the trans. I know of people changing their 2500HD trucks to 285's and not having problems with their trans.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
BennyBoy said:
Whay about changing my dually tires from 215's to 235's or 19.5" rims with a low profile tire about the size of a 235 and change the speedo will that hurt the trans? Is that a small enough size tire before affecting the trans. I know of people changing their 2500HD trucks to 285's and not having problems with their trans.
Excuse me Eric

When I changed to 235's from 215's my speed'o became dead nut$ accurate with stationary radar units .....

Swapping to 19.5 rims may be anouther story .... The tuners "only" fix speedo as far as I know ......

Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts