Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put 4 new Michelin LTS M/S 265/75-R16 E tires on this morning. I used to run 55 psi in front and 45 psi in the rear to get even wear across the tire. I have started there, but it looks like that might be high for unloaded, especially in the rear. What's everyone else running? I want to get a long life out of these things.

·
Registered
315 Posts
55/45 unloaded is what I run. I have 45,000 km - about 28,000 miles on them and they are wearing evenly. I'd say I have about 50-60% tread left. I rotate every 10,000 km. Great tires, I've had many sets of Michelins, only complaint with these is I have balance them every other rotation. I tried lower inflation pressures but didn't like the handling.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got lifetime balancing and have them do it every 5000 miles. It's overkill until you have one out or you throw off a weight.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stock wheels for me. Should point out I raise the pressures if towing or heavily loaded, and the tires do 'crown' a bit, but hasn't affected wear patterns.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I put them on the stock rims. I wouldn't go much wider on the 6.5 wheels. I also increase pressure when towing. I carry a compressor in the truck for just that reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts