Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull an inclosed tandom axle trailer daily 6'6" high 16' long; weight about 3500lbs with tools and as much as 11,000lbs with ceramic tile loaded on the trailer. i have been running 70lbs on the back tires and 55lbs on the front tires of the truck. The tires appear to be round and not sitting flat on the pavement. I am wworried about uneven wear. any suggestions on pressure. BTW the LBZ pulls so good i forget that load is back there from time to time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you are running tires that aren't stock then the best way to find the correct pressure is through the tire manufacturer. They should be able to tell you the best pressure for your application, try the shop where you bought them they should have the book. I am assuming that they are an E?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
They are E's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Keep an eye on them. if they start to wear in the middle take a little air out of them, and visa-versa if they wear on the edges. I keep front pressures equal and backs equal. I get long wear from my tires that way. I got over 75k form a set of Firestone Steeltex 285's. Might have rotated them twice. Didn't tow all the time though. Good luck

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Run 60 psi all around with 245's and no substantial load. Boost rears to 80 psi when loaded and traveling. (maybe 1800 to 2000 lb in the bed)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts