Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about the problems you guy's have with the tire pressure monitors. I have purchased a set of aluminum rims for my 07 dually. I plan to put them on in a couple of weeks. My question where are the sensors? in the valve stem or on the rim itself? Or do I even have tire monitors?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does no one have a clue?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
????, usually if you have them they will have an alloy valve stem and cap. Be careful when mounting and dismounting tires with these thing as they are easy to damage. GM still hasnt gotten on the ball with the TPS Monitoring system like the imports. The imports use the already existing ABS system which is less maintenace, alot cheaper for the customer and automatically resets itself. I dont know if GM has changed how the TPMS reads and when it alerts you but you maybe able to remove the sensors and reset them at 0psi, tape them together in proper order as though they were on the vehicle and keep them in the glovebox. Thats what i would do anyway. Those sensors are $80-$120 last i knew so i would hate to damage one. You can also reset them with a strong magnet also, you dont need the "special tool" as they say you do. Did it all the time at the dealer when i worked there, they only had one tool for 13 techs and i wasnt chasing for it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
They are part of the valve stem.

Shoot me your vin number and i can tell you if you have tire pressure monitors or not and tell you every other option you have on your truck.

I will have to keep the strong magnet idea in mind next time i cant find the tool at work! Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
So how does the "strong magnet" work? Rather how does one go about resetting the tire sensors on a LMM truck? I run 60psi front and back.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You're friend is right they are $90 each I just bought some today cause I changed my wheels and tires and they didn't even work. What a f-up:mad:
Farmer Dave;1912659; said:
What are new valve stems worth with the sensors. One of my buddies told me they were like $90 each. I hope not.

·
Registered
990 Posts
dmax07;1913078; said:
You're friend is right they are $90 each I just bought some today cause I changed my wheels and tires and they didn't even work. What a f-up:mad:
So i wonder if with something like EFI Live, if you can just turn the sensors off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts