Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine used to detail cars and when he saw me waxing my truck last week, he gave me a tip that's an easy way to really make the truck look good.

Use a rag sprayed lightly with tire shine and wipe the black plastic fenders, inside the wheel wells and any other areas that have the molded black plastic (the front bumper), etc. Boy does that make it look purty!!!!

Never thought of this before, so I thought I'd pass it on.

Julie

2003 Silverado 2500HD, CC, D/A
2002 K-Z Sportsmen 2505QSS (soon to morph into a 5er!)

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Just don't drive down a dusty gravel road or all your shiny black accessories will be white

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a toolbox, but I've found that Simple Green makes the chrome on my truck SPARKLE! Spent a couple hours removing bugs from it (again Simple Green was the miracle worker) and used it to shine up the chrome (just like you would use Windex), and even the 16 year old at work commented on how great my truck looked!

Simple Green is inexpensive, and really works! Spray it on, wait a minute or two, and use a soft nylon scrubbie to get the bugs and stuff off -- no elbow grease required!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Be careful with simple green on aluminum though, it's acidic and may discolor it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts