Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Heath PMD isolator the other night. Everything went smoothly. I'm pretty impressed so far.
Getting the stock one unplugged prooved to be harder than I'd thought being tucked way down under the intake there where my sausage fingers can't reach...
So I decided since I had to remove the upper intake anyway, I may as well fix it up a bit. I ground some of the webbing away, and after seeing all the soot and crap in there, decided to block the EGR. A reamed 45mm frost plug did the trick quite nicely.
I must say, I'm quite happy! The truck certainly seems to run better. It seems smoother and snappier.
My only complaint was when I tried washing all that soot off my hands, arms, face, and the floor of my shop. That took as much time as the work on the truck...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah getting dirty is just half the fun, but sure gives us a greater appreciation of doing the work ourselves instead of a stealer getting paid to do less quality work. Out of curiosity, where did you mount the remote?? Inside engine bay or ?????

·
Registered
584 Posts
IIRC I used a screw driver to release the plug clip and large hemostat to pull plug.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of curiosity, where did you mount the remote?? Inside engine bay or ?????
I mounted it on the front skid plate as per the instructions. I thought I might have to find another location as I plow snow with this truck, but it's tucked up there pretty good and well protected by my plow harness brackets.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC I used a screw driver to release the plug clip and large hemostat to pull plug.
I also used a long, thin screw driver to unplug it, but the plug kinda fell down the side, and I couldn't even get it out with a needle nose. Blessing in disguise maybe?? I've plowed quite a bit over the past 2 days and I'm quite happy with how it's running. It pushes very well. Even with this heavy snow we just got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts