Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plow trucks front end is hanging lower and lower, I need sand in back to get this POS Meyer ground hugging frame to make it over the curbs, Do timbrens keep the front end up alot higher?, Or is it cheaper to do more than the 4 cranks I already done on the T-Bars?

I mean 130 bucks is cheap, but if it dont keep the front end up at least an inch higher, to me its junk.

Bill

·
Registered
444 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what's a Timbren?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bill,go for it they work.Check out their site.
Rob

·
Registered
362 Posts
I wonder what the difference in height and ride would be between say 5 turns on the torsion bars versus Timbren's with stock torsion bar position?

Any guesses on height and overall ride quality between the two scenarios unloaded (no plow attached)?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Get them! We have them on all our trucks and it makes a big difference. When your plow is up almost all the weight is on the Timbrens.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The timbrens take the bounce and sag out of the front end. I installed then a couple of years ago and love them. Front end does go down a little when plow is raised, but a sfa will too. Ride didn't change one bit, and i lowered my torsion bars a couple of turns as well. Would definetely put them on again.

Weight in the back will help regardless of the timbrens or not. It takes the sag off the front, and gains you more traction. I have 3000lbs of salt in the back of mine(though i use the salt, and its not specifically there for weight) and i plow in 2wd alot of the time. I have tried to plow my buddys drive once with no weight. The drive way is steep and long, and with no weight in the back, i kept having to backdown and take smaller bites to make it up. After 5 minutes, i went and got my skid of salt put in the back. Came back and walked right up the drive, no wheel spin.

Derek M- The timbrens don't gain you any height, they take the place of the factory bump stop, that are junk. Basically they are a stiffer rubber and don't compress as easy resulting in no sagging. I guess if you wanted to look at it they do add height when loaded as the front end doesn't sag, resulting in being higher, but unloaded the height is the same as when the factory bump stops where there.Edited by: heartbeatcanada

1 - 7 of 7 Posts