Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Gear Head
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my new LLY up 2 weeks ago and tonight with 400 miles on it I get the good ole TICK TICK TICK just like the other 3 Duramax's I have had. I thought they would have fixed this by now am I right or wrong or am I the only LLY that has "Normal" Tick
Turbo6600

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
It ain't broke... it's normal. Wow 3 Dmaxes.

·
Gear Head
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's normal I have had 3
I just wondered if I'm the only one that has a ticking LLY SO HOOT I see you had to put something GM on that D***E Is that what it takes to make one of them look good
LOL Turbo6600

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have the tick tick tick too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine also ticks intermittently.

Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
I started hearing a noise from mine recently and I am wondering if it is the "tick". The noise on mine is very irregular like tick,tick,tick.................tick.........tick...tick,tick and I can only hear it at idle and only if I have the window down or am outside the truck. To me it souds like something is loose and intermittently, lightly rattling against something else. I don't know how to descritbe it better.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No tick, tick, tick. Am I missing something

·
Registered
511 Posts
Only noise from mine is a rattle in the dash board, 4000miles so far, just started last week, if I put my hand on the dash down by the vin area it stops.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had the tick noise, but after 4k it has seemed to stop. We will see if it returns.

·
Registered
36 Posts
*******.........your dash may have a clip that came loose from the topper.......Our plant builds that top pad......see the dealer and they will order you a new pad...........JB.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yah, I have that damn "tick" too !!

·
Gear Head
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You guy's for the feedback I guess we should be used to this by know just making sure I wasn't the only one with the Dmax Tick in an LLY
Turbo6600

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the Tick too! Mine comes and goes and is a lot more noticeable around 2500 + RPM'S or when the truck is cold first thing in the AM. This isn't the pilot injection shutting down, but I guess we have to live with it. It's funny we have a work truck LLY purchased about two weeks before mine came in and not a Tick at all, Oh well!

Fran

·
Registered
135 Posts
No tick on mine yet. *******, just for sh!its and giggles check your interior power panel. It's right next to the parking brake pedal and make sure the cover os on there nice and snug. Mine was loose and I tightened her up after I hooked up the Prodigy brake controller.

ROB

·
Registered
511 Posts
Messed around with the dash plate and it seemed to stop for now--maybe temperature dependent?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Well after 1000 miles I have the tick. Funny thing it didn't start till after changing the oil. I guess we will see if it goes away. Almost sounds like a lifter but its not. $40K and a tick as a bonus.

Greg

·
Registered
909 Posts
GM had that magical tick-tick free oil figured out from the beginning. Stuff must be thick as Texas tea.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had the tick ever since I brought the truck home. When I first heard it I thought there was something loose like a cover or something underneath the engine, because it wasn't a consistent tick. the sound was coming from the drivers side wheel well. After reading a few posts here and the tsb from gm I concluded that I have the dreaded tick too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the tick after the first oil change and throughout until the second when I used synthetic oil. After about 100 miles the tick disappeared and I haven't heard it since, it's been about 3500 miles tick free. My LB7 had the tick for over 25,000 miles before it went away and still it would come back from time to time.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
this noise really ticks me off

1 - 20 of 52 Posts