Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the oil changes and all fluid levels checked. Now there is a tick,tick,tic,........tick, tick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tick sound heard the most at the drivers front wheel well. went to the dealer and the tech says it;s normal. It's the gears in the extenal oil pump. Should stop around 20000 miles. Is this true?

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
My truck did come of the lot with a random ticking at idle. At 21k I have not heard it for the last 8k.

·
Registered
939 Posts
My tick went away somewhere before 10,000 miles, I can't remember now... The tick came back at my last oil change (15k) with 1,200 miles on this oil change I think it is starting to go away again.
From all the reading and research I have done on this, it is not a problem and seems to be more dependant on oil brand than anything. Seems that on my truck Delo has made the tick come back (last oil change), where the Rotella and Mobil 1300 (previous changes) didn't make the DMAX tick after an oil change. Funny, huh??

No worries..
BobEdited by: 4x4man

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
It will come and go usually showing itself after an oil change then subsiding. Mine went away around 10,000 miles but still would surface once in a while. At 65,000 I don't remember hearing it for quite some time.

I do remember being royally upset at the page members that got their trucks first and not mentioning it. I was mad when my truck ticked. Sounded horrible.

Anyway... it ends up somebody did mention it but I missed the thread.

The tick is a non-issue. Just an annoyance.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
My 01 ticked like a clock until my second oil change @ 5K.

JP

·
Registered
141 Posts
My tick comes and go's 14,000, I don't pay any attention to it any more, I just drive it! Worrying about only makes me nuts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The other day I told my dad that the tick finally went away at 10,500 miles. Wouldn't ya know it, I heard it again when I started it to leave his house!!Edited by: sixfoot

·
Registered
463 Posts
My 02 just started ticking again the other day, although it's not as pronounced as it was when it was new...almost 19k miles now.

Kevin

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Mine's ticked from day one, still ticking at 76,130 miles (heard it at the Mickey D's drive up this morning getting coffee). Not a problem - I recall a great wailing and cursing from a *BUNCH* of people a couple years ago when this first came up. Guys were screaming like banshees, wanting bybacks and engine swaps and so forth - some people just need to get a horse - and a life!!

·
Banned
394 Posts
MINE WENT AWAY AROUND 15K BUT THEN THE OTHER DAY I HEARD IT AGAIN FROM OUT OF THE BLUE...28K ONLY DID IT FOR A FEW MIN AND HAVNT HEARD IT SINCE

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've said it before and will say it again "My truck takes a lickin, and keeps on tickin" LOL ha ha ha

35K here and she does tick, I refer to it as the "The Heatbeat of Chevrolet"
LOL ha ha ha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts