Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Juice/Attitude and I got a question now. I bought a set of gauges a while ago and never installed them. Them being an EGT and Boost gauge.

I was going to sell the Boost and EGT gauge along with the pillar mount but then I started to think. I know, that's my problem. Since I already have them would it be a good idea to install them anyhow just to have like a second opinion or just sell them.

Also, if I was to do that, can I hook up the other EGT gauge to the Pyro for the Attitude? So basically if I have to take it back to the dealer I'll take out the J/A and still have the pillar gauges to answer any questions on why I have the thermocouple in the manifold.

What do you guys think? Stupid idea or what? Just go with the J/A and be done with it? Appreciate any suggestions.

:thumb: :thumbsdow

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Well its being discussed in a few threads how the edge boost reading aerent very accurate so in that sense it would be a good idea to install boost guage as far as pyro it would be better to hook up to edge as you can set it to back down if to high of EGT's is present. I would do the guages if you have them why not.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
in my opinion you need only one set of gauges. The boost on the Attitude reads correctly however if you install a boost stick you won't see the numbers correctly because it interferes with the signal. So if you want to view these new boost numbers you'll need a mechanical guage tapped off the manifold.

What's more important is the EGT's and knowing where they are, I wouldn't worry too much about boost readings if you are just using the Edge/Att.. you'll be fine in that area.

Check your Edge version..if its 1.0 you'll get over 30 psi and if its 1.2 you will see only 24psi. They lowered it in the newest version to stop the turbo bark.

$.02

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is the 1.0 version, would you recommend getting the update or leaving it alone?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have had the 1.0 on my truck for over a year. No problems. I'm running the boost stick as well.
Personally, I'd install the gauges if you plan on running more than the juice later on.
I was fine with the edge for quite a while, now that I'm thinking of stepping it up to another level I know I'll need gauges, especially if I want to disconnect the attitude.

-Chris

However, if you want to get rid of gauges, let me know!

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Mine is the 1.0 version, would you recommend getting the update or leaving it alone?
This is entirely up to you. If you have no issues then leave it alone.
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Just know that Edge decreased boost in 1.2 to fix the turbo bark issue.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, If I do put them in can I use just one thermocouple or should I put two in? I can't see why not. Right where it connects to the edge box I could put the other gauges connection there also, right!!

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
OK, If I do put them in can I use just one thermocouple or should I put two in? I can't see why not. Right where it connects to the edge box I could put the other gauges connection there also, right!!
you can do the thermocouple like this just fine, but the boost you'll have to tap the manifold somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts