Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a S&B intake and cat back MBRP exhaust. I am running a Superchips Flashpaq tuner set on performance.
Since installing the intake and exhaust it is throwing codes. The latest this morning are C086B and P1041.
My tuner can't identify these codes. Any idea what they are?
Is there anything I can do to keep it from throwing codes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
518 Posts
i have the same lift, same tires, same exhaust and the same tuner. and yes i am having the same problems. i have talked to superchips three times and have got three different answers. put it back to the stock setting and see if it still does it. mine does it stock, tow and tow performance. i havent tried the performance setting.

·
Registered
80 Posts
These codes are bogus codes... WWe have a issue with the DTC reader on the tuner and a delay in the program. That is where these code are comming from. We are working on the fix right now and Iwould check with www.flashpaq.com in a week.
Will the tuner clear them?

I would take the truck to a local autoparts store and make sure with a free scan to the DTC's to make sure that there is no issue with the truck.
Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the help! The tuner does clear the codes but they keep coming back. I even reset the tuner to tow/ performance and it is doing the same thing.
I checked with my local dealer and they had no record of either of the codes but said to bring it in next time it does it and they will check them for me for free on warranty.

I will be anxiously waiting for the fix on you website.
Thanks again

·
Registered
80 Posts
The fix is for the C086B code, not the other code. Our problem is that the tuner will not display the codes without showing the C code.
This means that there still is a issue with the P code. I would remove the tuning and see if and when the P code comes back up.
I will be back to inform you about the C code issue.

In the mean time why don't you email be directly and I will be sure to put you on my list.
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts