Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the SSDiesel (80 HP) computer in, it fells a bit more powerful boost almost reaching 12 psi, but the throttle was VERY VERY touchy, I didn't mind on the highway but for city driving :eek: going around turns, if I hit a little bump (making my foot press a tiny bit harder on the pedal) the truck jumped forward... I can see this being very dangerous while the roads are wet or snowy or pulling a trailer (let alone the person driving in the car with me thinking I am the worst driver in the world) so, is this normal with a computer upgrade (I took the new one back out to put the stock in after that, I just couldn't drive with the throttle that sensative. I can't stress enough how sensative it is, on bumpy roads I was totally screwed

so, is this normal (I really doubt this is normal, but just checking befor I call them up, again)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sounds like the optical sensor may be out of alignment, just a possibility to consider.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Jasonsmack;1577822; said:
Pretty much the way mine is. It just takes a bit to get used to it.
:agreed: you add more power to the truck it (least I would hope) is going to feel different until you get use to the new found power. I know the optic bump will not give you no where near the same power as a chip or upgraded computer. However after I completed the "bump" I noticed the throttle was alittle more touchy than what it used to be. Now after driving it for a while it seems normal to me.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
you'll get used to it. my dad always yells at me when all his crap flys onto his lap off of the dash when we're in my truck. Maybe you could duct tape a sponge onto the pedal or something.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds like something isn't right. It should still have good drivability. I'm not one to be able to tell you why it's wrong, but if it's "jumping" like you're saying, then that's not right. You should notice a difference with a chip/reflash, but I would define the difference as simply "a crisper throttle".

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drove my dads 7.3 with a reprogram and it is "crisper" but not "jerky"

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mine has lots of power too.

It's just not sensitive on the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Mine isn't jumpy with the Heath tune. Well, till I mash the throttle to the floorboard. :D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
How does it react to the cruise control acceleration?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Mine was touchy before and after the re-flash. No change in the pedal, just changes at the back tires. Throttle by wire often has a disconnected or touchy feel to the throttle pedal. I remember a thread several months back with a similar discussion. It is not a uncommon as some of you think. I remember several people commenting that they rest their foot on the side of the transmission tunnel to prevent erratic throttle surges. I am one of them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already sent comp back for a re tune, I told him I wanted it to have the power but come on smoother and the pedal not be as sensative (yet still responsive, if that makes sense) I was looking for improved driveability, and to be pushed back in the seat (when the pedal goes to the floor, not when trying to drive around in city streets:()

westers does ssdiesels tunes, that is who I had to send it back to

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts