Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive gathered up a bunch of parts to change the ip on my 95 k3500. Got a good DB2 pump, lines, a super nice set of modded injectors and most everything need to do the swap. Im having some trouble finding a throttle cable, I bought a new one last year when I built my other truck but that suppler cant get it now. So looking for a used one . Does anyone know for sure if the cable for a square body is the same as the GMT 400 ? Junked trucks are few and far between around here, I think they made Honda Civics outta em:confuzeld

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,163 Posts
I went through this in 2012.The outer black casing will fit on each end no problem.It will reach on both ends.The inner cable is the problem.Its too short on the pedal side.You'll need to add on a couple inches to make it work.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a fyi, The cable is still available from GM for 68.02 retail, the part number is 15674368.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it comes ,I will measure it.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Thanks dude, I'll put the info in the FAQ's at that point for the next fellow.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the new cable, heres the measurements , The casing is 34 and 3/4 inches long flange to flange . The cable its self is 46 7/8 end to end.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just a fyi, The cable is still available from GM for 68.02 retail, the part number is 15674368.

I did this swap last month on my '95. I sourced the cable on eBay. Just ran a search for the part number. Just checked right now and there are two for sale. $55 for one and $63 for the other.

What I haven't been able to find is the cruise control cable. Any chance anyone has come across one. I'd love to get cruise control hooked back up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did this swap last month on my '95. I sourced the cable on eBay. Just ran a search for the part number. Just checked right now and there are two for sale. $55 for one and $63 for the other.

What I haven't been able to find is the cruise control cable. Any chance anyone has come across one. I'd love to get cruise control hooked back up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My cost was 41 bucks , Try the stealer for that cruse cable too

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Whistle Pigs Are Cool
2,460 Posts
Howdy!
Does anyone have the part number or dimensions of the rubber grommet on the IP side of the throttle cable? It fits on the IP throttle shaft behind a spring clip and goes through the eye of the cable end.
I was fighting a high idle situation and found the grommet out of the eye.
RA shows a Pioneer cable with the grommet installed

Thanks!

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,163 Posts
You might need to buy a variety pack of grommets that are universal and you might just find what you need.

·
Whistle Pigs Are Cool
2,460 Posts
You might need to buy a variety pack of grommets that are universal and you might just find what you need.

Get out the calipers and start a'measurein'!

·
Whistle Pigs Are Cool
2,460 Posts
This is working so far! ACE Hardware.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts