Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i was at the local rock yard my truck was idleing. just pulled in from 1.5 hr commute. when i went to leave i put truck into reverse, backed out, put truck into drive and had no throttle effect at all. i stepped on throttle again and nothing happened. i then noticed my service engine soon light was on.i put truck into park shut it off for about 5 seconds, turned her back on had throttle for only about .25" of travel of peddel. anything after that would just bog down. i got her home.shut engine down pondered that my throttle switch might be mest up.after about 5 minutes started her back up i now have full throttle, but the service engine light is steel on.any ideas out there. thank you.
:help:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I'm sure once you get that code read it will give you a definitive answer. I wish I could be more help. I find it odd that your gas peddle would have a restriction since there is no physical cable on there. I believe it's Drive by Wire.

Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just went and started truck, service engine soon light is now shuting off when its supposed to. throttle is fine now,whats goin on?Censored

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a similar problem. But its to do with the tranny. Does your reverse light flash when it is in reverse?

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 2002 will actually stick in 4th gear and will not change. Park still works, Reverse - nothing no matter how hard or long I step on the peddle and R light flashes, Neutral still works D321 all are stuck in that 4th gear. Sometimes shifting into Park will get it working. But most of the time I need to crawl under the truck to disconnect the lower wire harness on the box that my shifter cable is attatched to on the drivers side of the tranny. When I hook it back up, all is good. Most of the time this happens to me going up steep hills when the truck is downshifting. And sometimes, lately just trying to back out of some parking lot.

Hope this helps and your problem is simpler than mine.

L8r

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
try to check the codes...could be a rpoblem with the TPS. (maybe mud or dirt in it?)

(Throttle Position Sensor, these trucks are drive-by-wire/electronic thrtottle control)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
nsbu :exactly:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts