Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
This, along with any box over 100HP or so is really best suited to those with beefed up transmissions. The Quad 215 is a competition tune, and I'd suggest sticking to the lower HP levels.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Like JK says, it's a race tune and you will need a modded tranny. It's fast. It has helped produce some of the fastest Duramax trucks around.

It does run hot but all the big HP programs do. It can be noisy, with pronounced pilot rattle. It also surges some at various speeds.

It, like any big HP program has some plusses and some minuses. There has been no shortage of controversy over the Quad products that is for sure! There is a pretty healthy competition going on between the Quad and the TTS Extreme. I would tell you how the two compare but I cannot give you a comparision since I cannot get a TTS to try.

I have been able to make pretty good dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times with the Quad 215. Edited by: BMDMAX

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The tune I have now feels and sounds no different than the one I had before.......

......maybe I'll hang on to it.....

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
BIG DIPPER said:
The tune I have now feels and sounds no different than the one I had before.......

......maybe I'll hang on to it.....

THAT WOULD PROBABLY BE BEST

·
Registered
299 Posts
what kind of times(1/4) do you think i would run with my standard 125 juice and a quad 215 , with my tranny done up . also have afe and magnaflow muffler

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
my best pass w/o nitrous with the 145 Juice and Quad tuner is [email protected] mph with a 1.74 60' time

·
Registered
163 Posts
OK, I'm still learn so don't bash me if I'm missing anything. so w/ a built tranny. I can opt to have my juice updated to the hot juice and add the quad and run low 13's high 12's. I have the same truck as you tomac but an 03'. I say low 13's hight 12's considering I'm not as experienced with the drive part of the Diesels. My drag racing history consist of a lot of honda's. what are your 1/8mile time w/out nitrous. I run in the 1/8 so that's why I am wondering. thanks in advance.

-Chad-Edited by: allstok03Dmax

·
Registered
3,605 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well I am now qualified to comment on the Quad 215.

My start up idle is rough, but it smooths out after it gets warm.

It's "surgy" at say 40mph, But it fells reeeel good by the seat of the pants on accelaration. (1 dodge is wondering "what the hell was that")

I have not tried the other tunes out ( and probably never will).

I have my Hot Juice back from JK for an Attutude adjustment and will run on it mostly.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Not to start any kind of brand war, but when you get your HJ/AT, it would be nice to hear a comparison of the acceleration differences of the two.

·
Registered
704 Posts
One more thing:

I'm thinking of buying a HJ/AT to stack with my Quad 215. The problem is $1000 is a lot of money to spend, if the stack will not gain much. It would also be interesting to hear more about how much more you can get from the Quad when adding the HJ/AT. I'm having a hard time parting with that kind of money, if I can make more power with another combination.

·
Registered
795 Posts
See Amric, You should have purchased the Hot Juice first.

Another 50 horspower (?) or whatever with the overal stack, plus the other features of Quad might be worth it the extra money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts