Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed my Stage II today.

Replaced the intake tube with a new one, thanks to AFE.... free of charge
. The tube was rubbing on the hood insulation and melting the powder coat finish on the tube. Sent them some pics and the sent me a new tube, no questions asked...

Great customer service.

I noted that the new tube was 1 to 1 1/2" shorter than the old tube. It fit in much easier than the original install.

Also, the person I spoke to at AFE said they are coming out with a revised tube in a few months? Interesting

Lastly, the old tube was clean, no dirt, grime, or flaking afer 20,000 miles... Using the "blue" filter and the magnum shield only, not the pro guard 7....

I have the name and e-mail address of the customer service person I dealt with... PM me for the info...

Two thumbs up AFE

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, I just cleaned mine for the first time the other day. I have had it for a while and no grime or dirt in the tube....have yellow filter and pre-filter wrap.

Very happy with product and haven't needed customer service.......I love that whistle though.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
How do you know if you have the Pro Guard 7 filter?

Did they give you a idea of what the new intake is going to like.....plastic or metal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Oh, and the Magnum Shield is the blue sock right?

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey blinky i was wondering if you still had the old tube and if you might be interesting in selling it and congrats on your new piece

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NoWake200 said:
How do you know if you have the Pro Guard 7 filter?

Did they give you a idea of what the new intake is going to like.....plastic or metal?

Thanks!

No idea what material the new tube will be... they only mentioned it when I said the tube was "getting so hot it was melting the hood insulation." Plastic? who knows... they wouldn't say.

The Pro Guard 7 filter wasn't available when i bought the intake.... You'll know you have it because its nearly twice as much as the regular filter...

Yes, the Magnum Shield (pre-filter) is blue...Edited by: Blinky

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hd guy said:
hey blinky i was wondering if you still had the old tube and if you might be interesting in selling it and congrats on your new piece

The agreement I made with AFE was that "the engineers" wanted to see the old pipe....

The new one came free in exchange for the old one.... R & D reasons I assume..

Sorry, cant help you out.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
[/QUOTE]

The Pro Guard 7 filter wasn't available when i bought the intake.... You'll know you have it because its nearly twice as much as the regular filter...

Yes, the Magnum Shield (pre-filter) is blue...

[/QUOTE]

Cool....I have the Blue sock!

I just bought a second filter and it was $52....this is either the Pro Guard 7 or a very expensive non Pro Guard filter.

Are all there filters Pro Guards now?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yes, the Magnum Shield (pre-filter) is blue...

[/QUOTE]

Cool....I have the Blue sock!

I just bought a second filter and it was $52....this is either the Pro Guard 7 or a very expensive non Pro Guard filter.

Are all there filters Pro Guards now?

[/QUOTE]

No wake,

try these links...

http://www.afefilters.com/pg7.htm

http://www.proguard7direct.com/rpStoreFront/Scripts/default.asp?referrer=Google

for more info.....Edited by: Blinky

·
Registered
213 Posts
thanks blinky i appreciatte the help anyway

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Thank you for the links. But I still have no idea if I have the proguard filter or not.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
NoWake200 said:
Thank you for the links. But I still have no idea if I have the proguard filter or not.

Highly unlikely...

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The Pro Guard filters are Gold colored ....

The original Magnum Force filters are blue ....

The Nylon 5 UM Prefilters come in different colors ...

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Do you guys run with the ProGuard filters? I just ordered a second filter and it was not cheap for the AFE....I was thinking that all the new ones were ProGuards.

Do you think it is that much better of a fitler?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The lowest price I have seen for the Gold filter is $62 something, and $47 something for the Blue one. I have also seen the Blue one cost over $65 at places on the web. So one needs to do a lot of pricing before you shell out that money.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
But is the Gold filter thst much better than the Blue filter? i asked my NAPA buddy who gets all my parts about the Gold filter and he had never heard of it. Go figure.

Thanks for all the info everyone has.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just spoke to AFE.

The new pipe coming out IS going to be plastic and is about 2 months out.

Im still dealing with them on my issue but their customer service has been good so far

·
Banned
394 Posts

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.