Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken a job in a campground on the coast of OR. It is very rainy this time of year and would like to drive rather than walk to work. It is 7/10 of a mile to work and the speed limit is only 5 mph in the park. The temperature at night is in the low 40's to the high 30's. Will it hurt my truck to go this distance then sit for 8 hrs then back home again. It will go 5 mph with out any pedal except for 2 very small hills, then a light touch of the pedal to get up the incline. If it is ok, would it be better to warm it up first? I love my truck and it has just under 5,000 miles now. Thanks for the help. Marie

·
Registered
552 Posts
dang that is a he** of a long way to go just to work:eek: i would look for a job a little closer:rolleyes:.anyways :welcome2: :welcome: :welcome: to the site
at the distance you need to drive that thing will idle at 5 mph up a slight grade.i took my d-max to my parents property to move a couple of p.o.s. cars to the back of her lot,i towed a 1 ton van with all four tires flat and the steering locked at a right turn.i was in 4 low thinking i needed to:eek::
but when i stopped to check to see if i was clear of anything,did not put in park,i jumped out and it just kept on truckin:eek: love that torque.so you should not need to let it warm up.if you did, in 6 months when you finally need to refuel again:D you would have used more fuel at idle than driving.
sorry for rambling:eek:: i just enjoy talkin bout the d-max.so shoot me;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
p.s.

where in ore. do you live? i have relatives in merlin,cottage grove &eugene.
my cousin does the look out thing for the forestry dept. i think it is mt. hood fire watch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is at Pacific City, OR. I can see the ocean from here. Looking forward to the Whales this year. They say there are going to be record numbers when they start the trek back north. It will be nice when the weather starts to get better looking forward to the walks to work. What a life to have. I take the truck out on my days off. Don't want to leave the fuel sitting that long I would think.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Take the truck out once every week or 2. Site seeing, shopping..what ever...you should be fine. Contaminates can build-up in the fluids if they don't have the opportunity to burn/vent off when the fluids are at operating temps. Batteries also need time to recharge 7/10ths of a mile is cutting it a little close...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts