Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this advertised on this site recently and thought it looked pretty slick. It even has a high pressure fuel gauge built in.

I have not heard much about this module, but at the price they are selling it for and the 30day test drive I figured I would give it a shot.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Agree, the only thing they mention is "remapping the fuel curve. By changing pressure..."

Had to chuckle at this line from their site:

"Built-In Fuel Economy Mode maximizes fuel consumption while preserving performance characteristics of the vehicle."

Now, why would you want a fuel econ mode that "maximizes fuel consumption"?? ):h

·
Registered
946 Posts
I dont know what you are even talking about, so please explain. MAy be something I need.):h

·
Registered
681 Posts
Do you have any questions I can answer about the unit itself? You sound skeptical.
OK, for starters... Does it just modify fuel pressure, or does it also modify injection pulse width and timing? Does it have EGT or trans or overboost protection? The website says it has six power levels up to 100 hp, is that correct? The site talks about a "monitor", but all I see is a control module that tells you what tune is installed. Is there a separate "monitor" that displays EGT or performs other functions? What is the difference between the SIe and SIse modules? What is the difference between the SIe/se and SIIe modules (all it says is "high output" performance)? What is the difference between the SI, SII, and SIII modules?

All in all, I'd have to say the web site description is, well, not very descriptive.

I was making a joke about the fuel econ tune description... You wouldn't want an econ tune to "maximize" fuel consumption, because that would mean your engine was using the most fuel possible, thus defeating the purpose of an econ tune. I'd suggest changing the site to read either "minimze" fuel consumption, or "maximize fuel efficiency," or something like that.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Depending on the version Pressure and duration/timing.

No Thermocouple input. Most customers have analog gauges. We may add it later but not on this generation box.

THe website is geared towards average users not people wanting absolute technical details. I wold submit that all other sites offer same or less information about your product. Lest I even suggest we open up a can of worms about industry junk like "plume distribution"...

Display is built in and will read boost and fuel pressure. The picture shows the built in display fairly clearly. The Display is multi-function, so it doesn't just show the tune.

Our tune has shown zero Trans issues. This was a requirement. I won't get into what we are doing there, but it should be a zero issue.

SIe: 5 tunes/Display+ FE Mode
SIeSE: 5 Tunes + DIsplay + FP Gauge +FE Mode
SIIe: Stock-H.O.Mode+FE+ FP Gauge + Boost
SIIIe: Later down the road.

I think you will find our line of modules to be an uncompromising value.

It's also the most compact multi-function module on the market. at 2.75*2 inches that is not a lot of footprint for what you are getting. You can spend $400 or more easily and get a big chunk of box to stick under the hood with maybe a switch wired to it if you are lucky.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
"With 0 trans issues" I assume you have different requirments for towing or unloaded? Understand what your website is geared twards but we are info junkies and need to know everything :lol:

·
Registered
946 Posts
This is true. We are all hear to learn, and want all details. Plus that way we can also promote your product in a good way. Being very technical can offer a wider area of sales. These members study every aspect at every angel, and then re-study, and then ask other members for testimonial.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Yeah I realize that, but respectfully my retort is I am not going to cloud up the site with a lot of technical jargon to suit a narrow banded audience. If you guy have questions, then ask them. I will or my partner will answer them to the best of our capabilities. Am I going to give away what exactly we're doing...NO. But I can tell you it's far from an 'simple' pressure box.

I am sure you will find, other than maybe the die-hard skeptics or brand junkies, that we are:

Approachable.
Honest
As Transparent as we can be
Offer great innovative products at great prices
Always looking for better ways.
:ro)

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Got any LBZ stuff yet):h

Ok.....with your box what are your recomendations when towing with a stock allison on a LB7?

Also that 100HP is at the wheel peak I assume? Any dyno plots? We like graphs :D

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
And not saying yours was a simple pressure box......what makes yours not simple realy? I mean what do you generaly do and what do other pressure boxes genneraly do to make yours different and or better? What boxes or levels ect mess with pressure and what ones mess with timing/pulsewidth? Why did you decide to mess with pressure instead of just timing and duration?

We like info and tech disscusions:D

·
Banned
19 Posts
We recommend using common sense. SI/SIeSE can tow in all pl's if u have a gauge.. SIIe is ok up to 5-7 dependin on load. HO is an N/R for towing.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Rat:

To Disclose what we do with the math, we might as well give away the plans to the box and the code.

It should not be lost on anyone that we're the first to aactually display the pressure. Enough about that.

We have pressure on this generation because the platform not only serves Chevy, but Dodge Ford and even Jeep once we find enough betas for Jeep.

There is a LOT more that can be done with the Duramax that we haven't done. but we have to start selling something somewhere.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Not looking for you to give out all your secrets.....but if you imply something is better we would like to know at least the basic hows and whys......

How is your box that tells the pressure to go to x any better or different than another box that tells the fuel pressure to go to x? Or is it more complex than that?

And you show desired and actual fuel rail pressure?

·
Banned
19 Posts
We show actual rail pressure. It's a built in fuel pressure gauge.

And to answer the other question..most other boxes (predator, etc) are throwing a fixed amount of change at the circuit. We're not doing that.

·
Banned
19 Posts
SIIe

Let me also say that we have the capability to go far beyond what we're doing now...probably by a horsepower factor of 2x or more current gains.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions.

Display is built in and will read boost and fuel pressure. The picture shows the built in display fairly clearly. The Display is multi-function, so it doesn't just show the tune.
On the picture here I just see a two-digit electronic display. So, this means you can view boost or pressure or the tune one at a time? How does the user know what parameter it's displaying? Does the module/display interface with the ECU using CAN-BUS bale connectors, like other boxes, or are their additional fittings/wiring to do in order to utilize the fuel pressure and boost functions?

Yeah I realize that, but respectfully my retort is I am not going to cloud up the site with a lot of technical jargon to suit a narrow banded audience. If you guy have questions, then ask them. I will or my partner will answer them to the best of our capabilities. Am I going to give away what exactly we're doing...NO. But I can tell you it's far from an 'simple' pressure box.
I can appreciate what you're saying. I'd suggest an FAQ section as an alternative. Questions like what fuel parameters the box controls are going to come from more people than not. There has been a fair amount of discussion about modifying fuel pressure being a bad thing, although more recently some of the EFI Live guys have figured out that there's a wide disparity between commanded rail pressure and actual rail pressure. Anyway, if I were you I'd take this issue head-on because it's got a negative connotation among many.

·
Banned
19 Posts
The user will know as they switch modes. It indicates what each display value is before punching it up.

In other words:

PL = Power Level
FP = Fuel Pressure
PS = Boost
etc...

As for the rest of it. I am sure there will be plenty of banter about pressure boxes, but we stand behind what we do, and that is why it is tuned the way it is. If you are a skeptic, try one out...you have 30 days. Sitting here and questioning every little thing has a limit to how productive it is. We are making intelligent power with the box and those that purchase it as their only mod or as an add-on will fully appreciate it's capabilities.

Also consider the features included for the cost. What do you get right now similar dollars elsewhere. We have done the homework, and know that this box offers a lot at an entry-level price. NO offense guys but I think you are being unnecessarily skeptical. We'll be bringing more things to the table for you besides this soon. We got our start in Ford Tuning, then in dodge, and now this. We R&D'd this design for well over a year. It's solid, and ready for fun. Oh and a major national brand will also be selling this too. We have been working with them to bring this product to the level of distribution that you are accustomed to with a bigger firm.

In the end, Happy running those that install and run our boxes will find them to be a fantastic add on. Most people that were in our test bunch were tickled by the built-in features like the FP gauge and like the simplicity of functionality. There's only 3 buttons and lots of adjustability.

Also, generally speaking duration boxes will require more pressure also...Anyone with a dodge TST box on thier truck will know this if they have a fuel pressure gauge. SO one way or another the pressures going to go up to some degree

OH...LLYand LBZ tunes will be out soon.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks SP Diesel. It was nice of you to answer questions, and you did it rather well.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts