Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solid front axles in 4x4 If you want a nice ride thats what they make cars for. Floor vents and wing windows so some freash are can get in. Put gutter back on the roof I hate snow or rain dripping on your arm. Real tires why should you have to replace tires on a new truck. You can get fords and dodges with big tires. A real bench seat so you can sit 3 people with out 3rd guy sitting on little seat in middle. Why are the cup holders in between the middle guys legs? center seat don't fold so you can put Storage behind seat.

Last why can you only a 3500 HD in 2WD but I think they drop that now too. You can a Ford in a F 450 superduty

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Well then go buy a F**d and stop bitching. I love my truck and would not drive anything else. Well except for a Porsche.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I'd prefer the new Vette.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can get a 3500 in a 4wd now that they have the single wheel 3500 out. I priced one out at the dealer a couple weeks ago so actually I'm possitive.

I do wish they made solid front axels still though, nothing to do with the ride but they only cost about 1/4 as much to lift.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Under the hood lights, the reel trouble light, and most of all the wood bed floor. whoops I just dated myself. I miss my 1966 with a wood bed floor.

engr bill

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Turfmower said:
but the GVW on the k3500 is only 12,000 when my truck wieghts 9000 lbs empty

I'd go on a diet ... Are you related to a guy called FredW???

On anouther note,why is your light weight 9000 LB ??

Mac

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dimmer switch for the headlights on the floor - heck, how about putting the starter back on the floor too!... my '54 had it there... :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Glove box, floor, under hood, and out side mirror's puddle lights. Or give a Mag-Light with free batterys for a year.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Sunvisors that actually block the sun(front & side) and a flat floor on the passenger side. Oh, and seats that can be adjusted back far enough that my knees don't ache after three hours of driving(I'm only 5'9"), and seatbacks that recline....all the way. And another thing, mirrors that actually show you what's behind you. Other than that, don't change nothin'.

P.S. I liked the extra lighting mentioned above....add that back.

JP

·
Registered
125 Posts
Heartbeat Hauler said:
Sunvisors that actually block the sun(front & side) and a flat floor on the passenger side. Oh, and seats that can be adjusted back far enough that my knees don't ache after three hours of driving(I'm only 5'9"), and seatbacks that recline....all the way. And another thing, mirrors that actually show you what's behind you. Other than that, don't change nothin'.

P.S. I liked the extra lighting mentioned above....add that back.

JP

Can't you just take the stops out of the seat to make it recline all the way? I've heard of this but never actually seen it. I'm going to do more research on it when I get my next truck. Current truck is a leaser so I don't care about this one

·
Registered
713 Posts
All those great little lights that used to be on our trucks. Vent Windows, Drip Mouldings, Fold Down Seat Back on Extended Cab,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nobody has mentioned the fuel tank sitting in the cab behind the seat, I guess nobody misses that one.
LOL

Corsair

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
Slosh, slosh, slosh. I knida miss that a little. Brings back memories. Just like having to push the clutch, accel pedal and starter all at once.

Kevin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seatbacks that recline all the way? I thought the goverment made auto manufactures stop that to keep the population down.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
cricket said:
Seatbacks that recline all the way? I thought the goverment made auto manufactures stop that to keep the population down.

very good! And if that was not there idea at first then it needs to be now!

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I know some people in my neighbor hood wish I would put my muffler back on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts