Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to replace my dual thermostate setup on my 98 2500 and I ran into a problem. The old thermostat has an arrow on the diameter that says" towards radiator". This arrow was actually facing towards the back of the truck, which ment the cone of the termistate was also facing the back of the truck(towards the removable water neck). Is this correct? My truck would never get hot, so I am guessing they were in the wrong direction. Can anyone verify this? THanks

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum, mfyock.........

Which side of the housing is the radiator hose attached to?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Fill out your truck info in your sig that would help. I was surprised when I went to check my thermostat because my truck would not get hot there wasn't one there at all.:eek: I think the original owner was chasing hot start problems and yanked it. Worked fine without it but after I put a new one it it made a difference. Mine would never get above 110 degrees before. It was about a $20 part.

·
Registered
595 Posts
On the 97+ coolant system the top radiator hose goes back from the crossover around the alternator then to the input of the radiator. So if I read your comments correctly your T-stat's are facing the correct direction if the arrow is pointing towards the rear of the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts