Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 12V has one small problem. After it warms up you can watch the temp gauge as your going down the road and it will roll slowly up to the red line but not quite, and then jump back down to 140 and slowly begin its rise again. I also hear what sounds like a waterfall near the heater core every know and then. It does not leak or overheat. If its a thermostat problem, than wher is the thermostat?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If it rises and falls like you say I would go with thermostat. Do you get heat to the cab? If not then waterpump, start with the stat, its alot cheaper and easier. I think the thermostat is in the housing that the upper water hose connects to, by the alternator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a '94 12v that did the same thing... took it to the dealer.. dealers said "normal"... I don't recall it ever changing during the time I owned it. I'm pretty sure for about 60k+ miles it did exactly the same thing yours is doing... I never looked into much. I really can't believe its normal though.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have a friend who had the exact problem with his 97', however he didnt get very good heat in the cab, so we replaced the thermostats, didnt help, next we did the water pump, that fixed it. However he says every now and then it does it, but not nearly as much before the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts