Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
65 mph, 8k trailer. I crest a hill on the way to alaska, in AZ
then I heard a wierd noise out of the engine compartment
Now, notice oil pres is lower than usual... start pulling over and it bottoms on the oil pressure.

oil pressure low sez the truck

No $hit, I say. Then it dies. After having my new 10,000 mile old 04 silvy towed by a darn FORD the dealer says I get to wait for 2 weeks for a new engine. Injector got stuck open, or so they think. Head tech said it sounded like it and they started to get a replacement engine asap.

What is the status with this craZYNESS??

·
Registered
692 Posts
injector down doubt if there is engine damage.havent seen one yet.but injectors are common.if they can get injectors it should only take 2 days max to repair.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well with no oil pressure, nd the engine sounding like it's on 7 cylinders and them saying its new engine time... who am i to argue, they are fixing it for free

·
Banned
394 Posts
hell with that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you need a new truck !!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Oil pressure drops because the oil gets diluted with fuel.

One guy I know of had a hole blown in his piston due to a bad injector (SoCalDmax). He got a new motor. Everybody else just had new injectors and went on their merry way.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tech said I was pretty much missing a piston now thanks to the injector. What would be causing this to go bad at 10 k miles?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Which engine did you have, I know you said 04 , but some 04's have the "older" engine, not the LLY.Edited by: Kendall69

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
With my luck I cant believe this hasnt happened to me???

My satellite radio just quit 2 weeks after my edge quit 1 week after my cell phone broke.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LB7.

guy asked bout my Banks Power stickers on the topper... I told him that I liked what he made and was going to buy some stuff once the warranty was up.. lol

Meanwhile, while waiting for the tow truck, I was yanking wires and removing the box...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Did you have the speedloader that raises the rail pressure?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I had not installed it because I didn't have the tools to put in the EGT probe, so I was running it sans speed loader.

Once I have the tools, I will install it after I purchase and install a 3 gauge A pillar console, so I can have EGT and Boost as the lower gauges, and put the 6 gun selector up top. Figure it'll look sorta slick, but with the way things are going maybe I should stick with the covert deal I have right now.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Dr. McCoy: The truck is dead Jim

James Kirk: Bones, can you fix it?

Dr. McCoy: Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic

Sorry, but the title of this post was funny

Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude, I'm laughing! I was using that quote going over some hills on the way here.... Chug chug chug... She'll keep up with alot of stuff even with the trailer on. I'm pleased, but just hope that Bosch can un*uck this situation so in the future, the duramax can have a good track record.

Maybe I'm not right, but in all honesty you gotta break eggs to make an omlette. Unfortunatley for everyone in a similiar situation, the egg puts you on hold for a week or two. If in the long run it's for the greater good, so be it, and I'll be proud to be a part of the process. Maybe it's the army coming out in me. Oh well.

I just want a truck I can enjoy, work with, play with, and feel good about. So far, GM's done that. I enjoyed the work this drive has been, and felt good every mile I've been in the truck. That's what matters, until GM tells me they won't fix it. Then I start taking hostages :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts