Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I purchased a very nice 1995 Suburban 2500 with 215 000 kms. I drove from Arnstein ontario with a friend to Saskatoon, got a trip permit and drove the only girl home 2,600kms pulling the Honda Fit we drove out there on a car dolly.

The truck ran pretty well all said. It weeps from the oil cooler lines, drips a bit of coolant from the bottom side of the reservoir. A few more pressing issues are the check engine light coming on periodically for short times while cruising on the hwy between 2300 and 2500 rpm. A charge in rpm would usually make the light go out. I also think I have a waist got issue as it smokes on acceleration and when on the hwy hitting hills doesn't seem to spool up and or drop a gear when hitting a hill. If I drop the rpms to 2000 rpm and get on it she will drop and gear and build power faster. If stay in the pedal she will eventually build some power and drop a gear.

I will be ordering some oil cooler lines, any suggestions are welcome, though I am in Canada so..
I will be searching down the leaking coolant, it runs down the inside of the wheel well from the bottom side of reservoir.
Going to look for leaks that might be causing waste gate issue.
Also need to get an OBD1 to read codes.

The trip went great, beauty weather, though there was some cold nights in the tent. All in all the truck performed as well as I could have hoped for something I had little information on and had never put my peepers on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
"Also need to get an OBD1 to read codes." You don't need a code reader to get OBD1 codes......just a paper clip....and count the flashes of the CEL light on the dash. The procedure is explained in the sticky "6.5 FAQ".

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 3 of 3 Posts