Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DPP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come the time for me to buy an exhaust for my 2004 CC 3500 GMC. I do allot of towing with the vehicle. I want to go with a stainless system and one that has a nice sound, not too loud, but enough to make the drive make me smile more. Please give personal thoughts and opinions..

Thanks Ltrain!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
There are lots of good systems out there. I bought the Banks and am very happy with it. Just throaty enough for me without annoying the wife. I did the install in my driveway in about 3 hours working at a laid back pace. You can see pictures of it by clicking on the link in my sig. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I installed a DPP dual a week ago. My mileage went to heck, this is only due to the fact I now can't keep my foot off the floor. Install was definately not for the mechanically challenged, none of the hangers lined up correctly as well as a few other challenges like mis-alignment with the downpipe and brake line rerouting. Looks and sounds great yet it is quiet when you drive normal(if there is such a thing). Overall I am satisfied with the product in the first week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed the Banks turbo back and really like the sound,not too loud and very easy to install with out any problems,the EGT`s are down 150 to 200.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Went with bully dog stainless steel. Really bellows at 1900-2100! At max rpm has a real nice combustion sound that's hard to explain. But do have quite a few people turn there heads when I get on it
!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Ahhhhh, I say....... BANKS !!!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Ltrain- Check out the material used in each system. Depending on where you live, this may make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
No question in my mind. BANKS all the way.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Salt belt area...... had to be SSteel

Banks for me

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I never put one on mine but I like the idea of Kennedy's 5" full tailpipe.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bassani is a nice system. Little pricey
6" Tip looks great on a 3500.
Scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Magnaflow 304 SS. Absolutely spot on hanger placement (idiot proof) for a trouble free installation. Little louder than stock at idle...to my ear...but pleasing. Nice rumble on accelerating...quiet at cruise on highway. Wife has'nt said a word so we know it passes the test.

I agonized over which system...glad I chose Magnaflow. Excellent price, quick service from a small dealer in Oregon.

Out.</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
288 Posts
Banks..............very easy install, [of course I do have a lift] 30 mins tops. Great sound when pushed, almost factory when cruising. Edited by: BRUCE

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ltrain, I was about to post a poll myself when I saw this one. I did not vote as I am shopping around as well. I have narrowed my options down to Banks, Kennedy, Hog, TTS, and Magnaflow. I want something that has a nice deep rumble, but no drone when towing. I ruled out some of the ones you listed because I have heard that they were loud. Has anyone heard the TTS or HOG systems? I ask because there was no mention of them.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
i have heard the TTS in a 2004 LB7 and a 2004 LLY. it was the quietest of any aftermarket one i've heard. i didn't realize how loud my truck was (which i thought was pretty quiet) until i drove them. fortunately for me i don't mind loud noise

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
What's the warranty on the TTS and does anyone know if it has the dreaded drone?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Diesel Power said:
i have heard the TTS in a 2004 LB7 and a 2004 LLY. it was the quietest of any aftermarket one i've heard. i didn't realize how loud my truck was (which i thought was pretty quiet) until i drove them. fortunately for me i don't mind loud noise

Nick, I don't mind a loud exhaust either. But, sometimes my 18 month old daughter is asleep in the backseat and I would prefer not waking her up. Also, I work swingshift and don't want to wake her when I am leaving the house for the midnight shift. If not for my little angel, I would probably just straight pipe it. A little rumble is fine. I just don't want it roariing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does anybody know how much different the EGTs would be between a full 4" system versus the stock system with just an aftermarket free-flow muffler? What about sound?

BTW, I'm running the Juice/Attitude and I tow frequently.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For $299 the Summit Racing 4" mandrel bent system is a no brainer. A bit on the loud side, but you could add a second muffler and still be under $400 for a full "turbo" back exhaust. Truthfully I didnt notice much of a performance difference, but maybe slighltly less EGTs going up hill. Stainless is nice, but depending on your climate you may or may not need it. Aluminized works fine out west :) If I needed rust protection i would have the entire exhaust ceramic coated to a chrome finish for around $100.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts