Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should you ever smell it inside the cab, with the windows closed of course. should you smell it around the front of the truck after the truck in warmed up and running?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Burned diesel sometimes,but rarely. Raw diesel,never.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Mine doesn't at all. Only when I refuel do I smell diesel.

Look for a thread in here about a possible venting problem with the cabs. In the title of the thread is "Crewcab" I think. The thread is only a few days old.

·
Banned
394 Posts
MINE JUST SMELLS LIKE A OLD HAMBURGER

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Always smell it at stop lights when there is a light tail wind? Even with her closed up? Not bad though. Do the extended cabs have the pressure valve in the cab?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Bronco said:
Always smell it at stop lights when there is a light tail wind? Even with her closed up? Not bad though. Do the extended cabs have the pressure valve in the cab?

All the cab configurations have the vents in the rear of the cab

·
Registered
245 Posts
Only when the HVAC is not running in recirculating mode and the wind is just right. Then I get a tiny bit of burnt fuel smell. But everything has to be just right.

cmc

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I had a little diesel smell a couple times. I could only smell it when I pulled in the garage and shut the engine off. It was coming out of the engine vent line on the front right side of the engine. Later! Frank

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I love the smell so I would not complain.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My 2001 D/A smelled like diesel fuel. The service advisor just blew me off. I added this complaint to the list each time I took it in. I finally printed up a list of problems with detailed descriptions of my problems. The written word is powerful, and looses nothing as it is passed from advisor to mechanic. I got GREAT service. They finally found a small leak at a fuel injector. They broke a fuel line trying to fix it. It took several days, but the problem was fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts