Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's been nearly a week and 500+ miles since we took delivery of "The Silver Fox". What a wonderful piece of machinery. The "On Star", "XM", "DVD", "Sunroof", and what a pull dog she is. I took our camper for s short pull yesterday so I could get the 5'er hitch bolts retorqued today. WOWZER!!!! "The Fox" wasn't even phased with 13,100lbs hitched to her. Can't wait to head for Bristol next month. One problem with "The Silver Fox" even the dealer isn't sure of. She's got a problem with either the rear end diff or brakes, not sure which. When starting up from a stop and slowing down, you can hear coming from the right rear area of the truck a rhythmic grinding noise; kinda like something rubbing against the tire but there's nothing rubbing against the tire. She'll go to the dealer on Monday for a look-see. I'm sure it's probably just a minor brake adjustment. Maybe the 3rd pfetzer valve is sticking that some 30W motor oil, ball bearings and WD-40 will cure.):h Details to follow!!!!

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
When you go to Bristol you can try your D/A out on some of those mountains. If you travel I-26 West on the North Carolina side, there are a few good pulls about 8 miles before you get into Tennessee. I would suppose that you are going to the Nascar races at Bristol.....right? Enjoy the Duramax..

:grd:

·
Registered
468 Posts
"If you travel I-26 West on the North Carolina side, there are a few good pulls about 8 miles before you get into Tennessee."
If you really want to test that rig, take I-40 over to Marion, NC and take NC Highway 226 up to Tennessee. :cool:

Coxes Creek mountain grade is up to 14% and going over Iron Mountain you'll hit some 9%. It dumps back onto I-26 at Unicoi, TN on TN Highway 107 at exit 23. Then you can put the cruise back on and head on up to Bristol. :ro)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
14%:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WOWZER!!! That outta pretty much test any Mac Daddy diesel. The most we've ever tackled is a 9% grade and "The White Shadow", our 96 Ford 7.3 had some trouble with a 1 1/2 mile 9% grade but she pulled her guts out for us; down to 2nd gear at 30 MPH and EGT pushing 1200 and tranny temp pushing 210. It'll be interesting to see how "The Silver Fox" handles 9%+ grades.

Truck on!!!:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts