Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here she is fella's!!!! "The Silver Fox":D :D :D . The wife finally came down from the bedroom and posted the pic's for me. Said she wanted to get some sleep. Ain't she a beaut!!! And the truck ain't bad either eh? ):h

"Badges? BADGES??? We don't need no stinking badges!!!"

We did leave the Duramax/Allison badges on as they look pretty sharp we thought. As for the rest of the emblems, they came off before she ever left the dealer. She'll get her 5th wheel hitch, tool boxes, "Roll-N-Lok" and simulators tomorrow (Mon). Thanks for allowing me the privilege of sharing with you all. Updatged pic's to follow later in the week now that I know the wife can post them for me. Pretty sad huh?

Truck on!!!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
The truck looks almost as good as our chev. Just kidding. chevman

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
HI DON & BEAUTIFUL TRUCK!! I saw it Sat. & TOOK PICS. OF IT!! F.Y.I. it is the perfect twin of "Camp Cook" here in Phoenix,Az. Same every thing!! Can I add you to the "Happy Camoper Club"? Did the wife finally let you drive it?? Howard

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Congrats! You'll love the power when towing, I know I sure like mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Somewhat of a "newbie" here. Been following your saga for the last couple of weeks. What a beauty..............

Mine should be in the driveway soon..........:ro)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats Dog.......That's one very sharp looking rig!

Does your face hurt from all the smiling?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great looking truck! Enjoy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats Dog.......That's one very sharp looking rig!

Does your face hurt from all the smiling?

It'll take a month or two for us to get control of the grin plastered on our faces. We thought we were excited when we bought "The White Shadow" ten years ago but "The Silver Fox" is a very special purchase with some hidden meaning. Six years ago I was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of testicular cancer that had spread into my abdomen. I was given at the time of diagnosis no better than a 50/50 chance of survival of more than 2 to 3 years. After surgery and months of chemo, radiation, and ton's of Dr's and lab followup's, my sorry ole bones are still around for whatever reason. That's something I plan on talking to God about someday; why I'm still around and why so many little ones are taken by that hideous disease every day. God better have something worthwhile in mind for me for keeping me around; like inventing a better lightbulb or something for me to still be alive and truckin. "The Silver Fox" was my survival goal present. We decided years ago if I survived, we'd buy ourselves a new truck in preparation for retirement. If things went the other way, a new truck was the last thing we'd be needing and I'd just play the hand I was dealt. Ordering and taking delivery of "The Silver Fox" had far more meaning to us than just a new pull dog; it meant I'll probably get to grow old with Nieta. Now, if I can just get her to let me borrow "The Silver Fox" today so I can take her to work and show her off. I do love seeing a woman driving a truck though.):h To tell ya the truth, I'd like her to take "The Silver Fox" to her job today just so I can enjoy the view of her driving up the street when she leaves for work. Treat every day like it's your last fella's; it just might be!:)

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Looks good!! I like the house too!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It'll take a month or two for us to get control of the grin plastered on our faces. We thought we were excited when we bought "The White Shadow" ten years ago but "The Silver Fox" is a very special purchase with some hidden meaning. Six years ago I was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of testicular cancer that had spread into my abdomen. I was given at the time of diagnosis no better than a 50/50 chance of survival of more than 2 to 3 years. After surgery and months of chemo, radiation, and ton's of Dr's and lab followup's, my sorry ole bones are still around for whatever reason. That's something I plan on talking to God about someday; why I'm still around and why so many little ones are taken by that hideous disease every day. God better have something worthwhile in mind for me for keeping me around; like inventing a better lightbulb or something for me to still be alive and truckin. "The Silver Fox" was my survival goal present. We decided years ago if I survived, we'd buy ourselves a new truck in preparation for retirement. If things went the other way, a new truck was the last thing we'd be needing and I'd just play the hand I was dealt. Ordering and taking delivery of "The Silver Fox" had far more meaning to us than just a new pull dog; it meant I'll probably get to grow old with Nieta. Now, if I can just get her to let me borrow "The Silver Fox" today so I can take her to work and show her off. I do love seeing a woman driving a truck though.):h To tell ya the truth, I'd like her to take "The Silver Fox" to her job today just so I can enjoy the view of her driving up the street when she leaves for work. Treat every day like it's your last fella's; it just might be!:)

Glad you are still around to share this story, I'm sure you'll be around many more years to enjoy the PRESENT you gave yourself. Happy motoring!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Congrats Buddy, and congrats on the truck too!!!

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts