Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photo's of the old LB7 ECM and the new LLY ECM. You will see in the photo's how we get started with developing the code by disassembling the ECM and traceing out the circuts.

Edited by: Diesel Tech

·
Registered
611 Posts
ummm, very interesting

Is that a coke can in the second picture

·
Registered
909 Posts
Good thing the ESD police aren't checking you out, as electronics on paper and carpet is a no-no.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
HOPE THATS MY EXTREME ECU YOUR WORKING ON

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey,

You wait in line dude

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
sdaver said:
HOPE THATS MY EXTREME ECU YOUR WORKING ON
Tugging on Supermans cape .....

Are you sure Superman your gonna jump on the other side of the fence ??

Lone Ranger

·
Registered
611 Posts
Mac,

I like your new signature

Sdaver,

Come and join us here on the "Left Coast"

·
Registered
994 Posts
LB7 vs LLY - Probably 3 times the processing power in half the volume (a guess), Moores Law at work here.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ray403Dmax said:
Good thing the ESD police aren't checking you out, as electronics on paper and carpet is a no-no.

Was wondering if anyone would notice, I just couln't find the proper lighting to take the pictures anywhere else. I'm not to good with the camera so I had to send the pictures to Nick and have him make them pretty so I could post them, thanks Nick.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Looks like Dr. Pepper to me.

Thanks for the great pics! Interesting stuff. Smaller and most likely more powerful.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I guess this means your LLY has arrived???

Doug

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ok you got my interest peaked, I am getting a 04 LLY Regular cab and am hoping to have mods by the time I buy in late april early may, any chances????

Lenny

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to say thanks for the photos. It's always slick to see how time shrinks things while still adding functionality. Now if they could just reduce the LLY engine by the same proportions.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's nice that things continue to get smaller but it's to the point my old eyes are having a hard time traceing everything out so I hope it doesn't get much smaller! As far as when I'm done with perfomance mods on the LLY I don't know. We already have the exhaust done but the code may take awhile. So far I know that there is twice the memory as before and a different processor used in the LLY unit. So I've got plenty of work for awhile.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
dude that had to hurt........which one?Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's great

1 - 20 of 36 Posts