Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when I first got my truck I spanked a 5.3 RC Z-71 with exhaust ........with my HT on Level 3 !!

So this week I am driving my father in laws 99' 5.3 RC 2WD with a K&N, HT programmer, and Edelbrock exhaust(the ole boy loves to go fast) !! And I was thinking his truck is pretty quick but I could beat him easy in mine now with the Predator on 65 hp(sold the HT) !! His truck does have 100k+ miles though !

Then yesterday this younger guy is messing around with me in a real nice newer model Chevy 5.3 EC 2WD with 22" wheels and exhaust on it !! He kicked it in front of me going about 20 and was 1.5 trucks on me by the time I could nail it !! No prob. ..............I had caught him by 60 and would've easily passed him if we hadn't run up on some cars !! Him and his buddy looked like they saw a UFO or something............it was great !!

I had two 5.3 trucks before this Duramax..........just hadn't realized how much faster this thing is !! It would have to be a pretty hopped up 5.3 to beat me !!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I raced my brother's 99 EC SB 5.3L Z71 "stock with exhaust" to my '05 "stock with exhaust" and I got him by about a crewcab length.

I tuned my buddy's 02 RC SB 2wd 5.3 with EFI Live, and then raced him with a Kustom EFI Live tune in my truck and I got him by 3 trucks from a dig.

Poor little 1500s...hehe

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ran a [email protected] with bolt on's TCI sf 3000 and dr's with my rc sb gasser..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.