Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got one on of those new superchip turners and its great.. but the only problem is i dont see any smoke but when i had the ppe chip in there it smoked like crazy.. i dont understand someone help me please i wanna blow black smoke... hehehe

·
Registered
320 Posts
get a power pup, mine smokes like a train on extreme and puts out a good amount on the performance setting.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The smoke must be different from truck to truck. Mine hardly smokes at all even on performance settings (never tried extreme). Maybe after I get rid of the kitty and install my stainless 4" sitting in my garage!!):h

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
hey i just got one on of those new superchip turners and its great.. but the only problem is i dont see any smoke but when i had the ppe chip in there it smoked like crazy.. i dont understand someone help me please i wanna blow black smoke... hehehe
Just remove the turbo.:D

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
StephenDizzle,

That's pretty typical for Superchips, it really means your getting full combustion from the fuel you are burning! As cool as a lot of smoke is it is actually wasted unburnt fuel.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Be happy your not blowing smoke, your engine is.:exactly:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really i thought that blowing smoke was good for a diesel.. ??

·
Registered
693 Posts
As gale banks would say " Its not cool, It is wasted fuel" :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine also smokes with the power pup on extreme, but not in tow or performance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I picked up my supershiprs yesterday. pretty impressed and happy with it!!! right now i have it set in TOW the lowest setting and the truck pulls hard, and shifts like a train!!, AWSOME!!! even on the lowest setting i noticed this morning that i'm blowin black smoke!!!!:weld:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
in magazine ads, it states the superchips will reprogram for larger tires. is this true? everyone on here says they cant do that yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine won't do it YET, but the man I talked to said they would soon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you know when the flashpaq be updated??

·
Registered
725 Posts
I talked to Brian @ Superchips a little over a week ago and he informed me that they should have the tire recalibration update and the speed limiter eliminator update released within 2 weeks. That would mean we are still looking at another week from now. That is if he was telling me the truth.... lol!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Superchip!

I rode in a truck with the Superchip installed and it had the update for the tire size. The power was very impressive and there was very little black smoke. The SEM (shift energy managment) still worked and the trans was able to adapt at the low setting. There was very little black smoke and it was a easy, trouble free install.

The truck was a 2006 CCSB LBZ/Allison. I may have to get one for my truck. Just wanted to provide another opinion.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my truck with my superchip on there didnt smoke for nothin but when i installed a new airaid intake stage 2 thats all my truck does now is smoke and smoke and smoke like crazy, i love it, but also iam down here at school and one guy has a 06 duramax just like mine but its blue with the lly motor and he has the PPE (new Chip) and he told me that he leaves his chip wide open all the time, isnt that a 225hp and about 390 ft, can a stock tranny hold that. i mean i rode in it and it ran good, but over time does he need to be worried about it,

·
Registered
345 Posts
In kill mode, yes!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
my truck with my superchip on there didnt smoke for nothin but when i installed a new airaid intake stage 2 thats all my truck does now is smoke and smoke and smoke like crazy,

If you are smoking more now with the intake installed you are flowing LESS air. Smoke = lack of air

so in a nutshell the intake is doing you no good

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
or its pissing off your trucks MAF and getting its calibration all wonky.

Or you have other issues with the truck and this is coincidental.........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what's kill mode?? and if i put that intake on there, why is it so much worse than the stock one??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts