·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Very colorfull. Is that the special order engine?
:)

Hey they forgot the spark plugs.Edited by: problemchild

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those who have never seen this type of image...

It's what the engine looks like on a computer after being digitally designed. Just about everything made today is done this way before it gets built.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Hoot can you get me a copy of the file? I'll load it up at work and see if I can fix our problems
. Looking at the valve covers all I can think of is "LEAK". Do you think the valve covers would be a retrofit possibility? I'll be a lot of people would pay for that. Wait a minute maybe that's what they have in mind!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Cool, I see what they did, very smart and simple solution to our problems. Re-routed the thingy and changed the whatcamacallit and re-designed the BIF valve, plus improved the Post Panamax clearance.

Overall big improvements (hopefully) LOL ha ha ha

PS = satire pure and simple, I don't have a clue!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They changed the heads somewhat also so just changing the covers won't do anything for you.

They eliminated the injector "cups" entirely. The injector nozzles now seal directly inside the head at the combustion chamber.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tomatwy said:
is this a new desing for the 05 duramax, is it still gonna have alum cyl heads? or cast
In 05 they're going to carbon fiber
Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
490 Posts
They will probably have a retrofit kit available to change the heads, injectors and the fuel plumbing. MSRP $12,000.

I hear the guy who designed the original heads works for Navistar now.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stop asking questions and read this exclusive....

The New Dmax

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW thanks hoot some real good info i did not think that they changed much from 03 to 04 but they did can you get that same demo and info on the 05s or is there even any info on them yet?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Some how GM's web page crashed my computer 3 times, I think I have a problem with my computer more than the site. Anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
490 Posts
It is crashing my IE also. I even went to windowsupdate.com and upgraded to IE 6 and it still does it. Not sure what the problem is, will try on another computer and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Crashed my 6.0 Explorer on XP Pro. Great site.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts