Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the juice with attitude monitor and it works great, but how does it work, what is taking place for the performance and driveability to take place with such an increase, thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
It's MAGIC!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
FM!!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The programmers edit fuel injector duty cycle .... When and the length of the cycle ... Other parameters are manipulated but that is the primary way power is acheived ...

Mac

·
Registered
218 Posts
Are the rail pressures brought up? I'm wondering if this could be causing some of the injector issues? If the line pressure does go up , does it go up with each level of performance setting or one step and the rest is spray duration of the injection?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mackin said:
The EDGE Juice does not raise fuel rail pressure ...

Mac

Back in the early days
when Mac was testing and reporting on the improvements in performance brought on by adding a Juice unit to his truck, I was strongly considering another brand of chip. It generated power largely by raising rail pressure (within what its maker called safe limits). I ended up switching to an early 3.0 Juice and have never regretted it. About 5 months ago I had John Kennedy update my Juice to "Hot" levels and have frankly never run it at the top (125) hp setting. In fact, mine says set at level 1 (60 hp) 99% of the time. For those who are considering adding a box but aren't into heavy duty racing type driving, I can highly recommend giving your truck a shot of Juice!
To me its remarkable the positive difference that little amount of extra Juice makes in the way my truck's engine/transmission work together.
Like T
ny, I'm just happy it works .... even though in my case, I really don't fully understand how/why.

JimEdited by: JEBar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts