Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of observations I made that I don't remember anyone talking about before.

1) Do the L/F first. It's the hardest one, with all the stuff that needs to be adjusted. I had to take the tire off several times before I got it right.

2) Do the R/F next. Since you already did the other front tire this one will be easy. There is less to get in the way and you have already figured out how far you need to adjust what is in the way.

3) The back 2 are no sweat...welllll...almost. By the time I was ready to do the rears I was worn-out. Those #$%*& H2's are heavy. I may think I'm still 20 but my body is always quick to remind me that I'm more than twice that.

4) Allow plenty of time for visitors. I also installed Bilsteins and still have the rears to do. All my neighbors and my brother in-law had to stop by and talk.

I still need to find some center caps and it looks like the Predator (for the speedo only
) won’t be here until after Xmas. When I cranked on the torsion bars I found the P/S was loose, not even touching the key. 6 turns D/S 11 turns P/S. I took a quick drive around the block and you can sure fell the loss of power. No big deal. It was expected.All this being said, I’m very happy with the results and would like to thank everyone
for all their inputs over the last couple of years. It sure makes doing things like this a lot easier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are you running H2 wheels and tires?

I can't help but think H2 wheels with 270/65(or 85)-17s wouldn't kill the performance quite as much. Those H2 tires are some big muthas..

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Stock take-offs, wheels and tires. And they look GOOD.

When it's time to replace the tires I may go the next size smaller. When I bought these I got them for a price that was too good to pass-up. (That was, before "VFRRider" started selling)

I anticipated the performance issue so it was no big surprise. I have heard that when you adjust the speedo the performance magically returns

on-edit (That was, before "problemchild" found a good source with in driving distance)Edited by: WanaDmxsub

1 - 3 of 3 Posts