Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 03 duramax gmc got the tick at about 300miles and it is driving me nuts will it go away and how long does it seem to last if it does?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've had mine since the day I got the truck and 14,500 miles later and it's still there.
Not sure if mine'll ever go away.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did not have it, then got it with the first oil change, then lost it again shortly after the second. I have 5300 miles on my 03, and have not heard it for about 500 now.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
See the TSB forum if you would like ... GM's explanation to the tick is there ...

Mac

·
Registered
62 Posts
Comes and goes, like playing peek-a-boo with me, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It's definitley more active right after an oil change. I've accepted it. Don't fight it. Befriend the tick.

Josh

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I had it brand new. Really calmed down about 10,000 miles. Now it comes back for a while after an oil change.

60,000 miles. It's a non issue but annoying nonetheless.

·
Registered
962 Posts
mine ticks too *shrugs*, it seems to happen if I park right after I warmed the engine up..then if I have been driving awhile it goes away, I could care less..truck is starting to loosen up a bit as the miles come on :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine did it for the first 1400 miles but I have yet to hear it in the last 1000! Go figure!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Befor I bought my O3 I knew that there was a very good chance that it would tick. Now I have the ticks as well.
It is very random and come and goes as it pleases.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I got the tick around 90 miles on the odo... Then around 8,500 miles it went away. Then it returned after my last oil change at 10,000 miles. It has been said that the tick can come back for a few hundred miles after an oil change and then go away again. I have almost 1,000 miles on this oil change and still waiting for it to go away. Oh well, you tend to just tune it out and forget about it.

There are bigger things to worry about then the tick.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts