Diesel Place banner
681 - 691 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
View attachment 648058
Can't believe you are not going to fix that. It is almost as off as the leaning power pole.

Great write up as always.
Cool write up, as always.

Something I always thought was kinda funny is that perfectly level means not flat. Like how staying in orbit means constantly falling. lol

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·
Paco:)
I hope you know I am giving you a hard time, and mean no disrespect when I say. " Not bad for a Mexican Rookie "
Nice job, good attention to details, and great workmanship. Oh yeah having the right tools does tend to make the job easier. (y)

Everyone have a great weekend.!
L8R
Thank you brother 🤣🤣 no offense taken..ever!
Yes, I’ve been a tool/equipment hoarder for a while.

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 ·
Yesterday I installed this nice rear bumper from Chassis Unlimited on a 03 2500 ram 5.9. The fit and finish was extraordinary. Also installed a new OEM hitch. The rig was hit from behind at 40MPH, however no real damage to the frame was noted. The rig had a custom tubular bumper with double swing outs that took the brunt of the damage.
The entire setup was shipped for $2600. Honestly I can't compete with that with the cost of materials these days.
The welds were also very professional, consistent and clean. Chassis Unlimited offers front and rear bumpers for older Dmax rigs as well as late models so that's a win if any of you GM fans are in need.

I'm considering a front winch bumper from these guys in raw finish so I can add some custom features. At this point in my life, time is more valuable to me than the money spent on quality (to a degree). I can focus on custom projects that can only come from a small shop the cares.

Also made a custom bracket for a Switch-Pro system. Added new Baja Designs front fog/flood amber lights.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Soldered and heat shrink new circuits.
Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
'
Nice quality light from Baja Designs. New plastic bezels are on order to clean up the look. The leans light defusers provide both spot and flood.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

The swing out carriers utilize a swing lock (closed/open) and a push button cable system to release.
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel Vehicle

The swing out carriers locked open.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

The company claims their arms can support up to a 40" tire. From the design I witnessed, I believe this to be true.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

This came with everything needed from all grade 8 cadmium plated hardware to quality LED license plate lights.
Shipped on a custom built pallet with ample protection.
Looks like the new normal is to pick up at the freight hub. A different freight company had the same BS extortion fee for "residential delivery".

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #686 ·
Lastly, I was able to install the air accumulator on the four post Bend-Pak lift.
It worked like a charm!
The blue slide valve can dump air from the system while preventing any air loss from the reservoir when not in use.

Automotive tire Electrical wiring Audio equipment Electronic engineering Gas

My torpedo level doesn't lie!;)
Looks plumb along side the post and power unit. I still need to build the lower support shelf for the hydraulic reservoir.
Fixture Automotive design Cylinder Gas Machine

Now I have some credit for some Matco goodies....
Have a blessed, safe, and productive Thursday brothers.
Turn and Burn!

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
If that tire carrier would also fold down it could double as a bike carrier or bulk item holder
Nice fit and finish for sure(y)

Reactions: firestopper

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
If that tire carrier would also fold down it could double as a bike carrier or bulk item holder
Nice fit and finish for sure(y)
The ample slotted holes could be used for different bolt on features.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Premium Member
2007 Chevrolet 3500 Silverado Classic LWB crew cab,dually, Kennedy dual pumps, , Donaldson filters
186 Posts
Yesterday I installed this nice rear bumper from Chassis Unlimited on a 03 2500 ram 5.9. The fit and finish was extraordinary. Also installed a new OEM hitch. The rig was hit from behind at 40MPH, however no real damage to the frame was noted. The rig had a custom tubular bumper with double swing outs that took the brunt of the damage.
The entire setup was shipped for $2600. Honestly I can't compete with that with the cost of materials these days.
The welds were also very professional, consistent and clean. Chassis Unlimited offers front and rear bumpers for older Dmax rigs as well as late models so that's a win if any of you GM fans are in need.

I'm considering a front winch bumper from these guys in raw finish so I can add some custom features. At this point in my life, time is more valuable to me than the money spent on quality (to a degree). I can focus on custom projects that can only come from a small shop the cares.

Also made a custom bracket for a Switch-Pro system. Added new Baja Designs front fog/flood amber lights.
View attachment 648198
Soldered and heat shrink new circuits.
View attachment 648199 '
Nice quality light from Baja Designs. New plastic bezels are on order to clean up the look. The leans light defusers provide both spot and flood.
View attachment 648200
The swing out carriers utilize a swing lock (closed/open) and a push button cable system to release.
View attachment 648203
The swing out carriers locked open.
View attachment 648204
The company claims their arms can support up to a 40" tire. From the design I witnessed, I believe this to be true.
View attachment 648202
This came with everything needed from all grade 8 cadmium plated hardware to quality LED license plate lights.
Shipped on a custom built pallet with ample protection.
Looks like the new normal is to pick up at the freight hub. A different freight company had the same BS extortion fee for "residential delivery".
OK please enlighten me as to what does the switch pro control.
And being in Arizonia does the snake skin wire loom startle anyone when first opening the hood.
Nice work as always (y)
L8R:)

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
OK please enlighten me as to what does the switch pro control.
And being in Arizonia does the snake skin wire loom startle anyone when first opening the hood.
Nice work as always (y)
L8R:)
Pretty neat system, this particular model provides eight switches with only a small harness to pass through the firewall. No relays needed as it’s completely solid state. Pricey though…
Taken from their web sight:
The Switch-Pros SP9100 is a compact, solid state switch panel power system, capable of flowing 125 amps of continuous power. With a total of eight circuits, four rated at 20 amps each and four rated at 35 amps each, you can power all types of 12 volt accessories. The touch panel is weather resistant, and measures only 2”x4”. The panel includes a Bluetooth transmitter, which allows you to program AND operate your system from any wireless device. Programming options include output Dimming, Strobing, Flashing, Master-Slave functions Memory, Auto Power-Up, Momentary, Battery/Ignition input, and a multitude of other options. RGB technology allows you to choose ANY backlighting color you desire. The kit also includes 100 switch legend options, so you can customize the panel to your specific accessory set up The under-hood mounted power module is waterproof, and ideal for all applications. It is COMPLETELY SEALED, and rated to 125 degrees Celsius. It has a 3”x6” footprint and comes with a fused power cable, and both harnesses which communicate with the touch panel. THERE IS NO BULKY RELAY BOX with our kit, as we utilize technology that allows us to control each circuit with a microprocessor. No need to worry about over-current or over-temperature conditions if your system sees a short, or one of these conditions, it shuts down and attempts to reset. No fuse to replace and no worry of fire hazard.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Premium Member
2007 Chevrolet 3500 Silverado Classic LWB crew cab,dually, Kennedy dual pumps, , Donaldson filters
186 Posts
Nice, system.
Thank you
L8R

Reactions: firestopper
681 - 691 of 691 Posts