Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was running the 1050 for almost a year now till the recent change to the suncoast 1058

the reason for change to the 1058 was with my recent westers tune and lp, it is pushing close to 600hp and was finding that it would raise the rpms up threw the first two shifts, once the converter locked all was fine... when running nitrous it even got worse

the newer converter does not seam to over rev like the last one did on boosted launches(keeps it at 3200), it also feels a lot smother than the 1050 did, made the throttle not a touchey as it felt before, and makes it drivable for all to use

but just not sure if it pulls as hard as the 1050 did, the 1050 seamed to me(tsotp) it was a harder pull, might need more time in the seat and some track time to verify that

keep you updated on the change

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Good to see your runnin again Fred. I will take a ride next time im home :)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i was running the 1050 for almost a year now till the recent change to the suncoast 1058

the reason for change to the 1058 was with my recent westers tune and lp, it is pushing close to 600hp and was finding that it would raise the rpms up threw the first two shifts, once the converter locked all was fine... when running nitrous it even got worse

the newer converter does not seam to over rev like the last one did on boosted launches(keeps it at 3200), it also feels a lot smother than the 1050 did, made the throttle not a touchey as it felt before, and makes it drivable for all to use

but just not sure if it pulls as hard as the 1050 did, the 1050 seamed to me(tsotp) it was a harder pull, might need more time in the seat and some track time to verify that

keep you updated on the change
I have been running the 1050 for almost 1~1/2 years and over 35K miles.

It seems to have less low end compared to the stock TC even with a smaller tune and or stock tuning, with anything over 400 RWHP it seems to be really good and I always cut good '60 footers at the track and I am not seeing the rpms getting way out of range even in non-T/H mode.

Keep us informed.

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
Are you sure it's a 1058? AFAIK the only 1058 was sent to me for testing, and never made production. That is unless they renumbered them...

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I thought it only went up to 1057? Thats what mine is...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am wrong it is a 1057, with a kick i have been told

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
With a "kick?"

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The 1057 is the McRat converter -correct?

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
YUP!! McRat converter it is...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Who is "we" and what did you add? Why the mystery?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
The pic i saw of the converter had 1058 stamped on it???

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
You brought it to Canada right?... Everything is better in Canada :)
hahaha this is totally off topic...but...

that made me think of the old Pontiac Montana (MINIVAN) ads that would always have some macho guy saying "BECAUSE LIFES MORE EXCITING IN MONTANA!!!!"

thats right, they said that in a minivan ad.):h

--Ben

·
Registered
156 Posts
Life is more exciting in Montana... I just checked into my conveter and mine is a 1057. Now that i have the ghetto stack i am happy with it. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts